Potentially the longest thread in history...

I dont like BT normally but they are investing 2.5Bn in fiber so i cant really complain.

They are also offering OnLive with there BT Infinity 40mb fiber service in 2011.. the two should work hand in hand very nicely which is something to look forward to a bit as well.

then they are very far from bell. Bell service, the best you can buy is like 50mb for 100+ a month in only like 2 cities in the country. I currently have the best possible internet from them for my area, and it is 6 down and .6 up.

OnLive barley works ona 60 down connection....

Yes it does work, i've seen quite a lot of people say it works. And the USA is big with servers all over the place.
Remember UK is tiny, and the servers are about 98percent chance guaranteed to be in London. So what, thats < 100miles from me. I get a ping of 20 on frigging DSL to London.

I can't really see anything more than 20mb having much of an effect on the quality of OnLive, it's more latency. Bareing in mind you can stream pretty high quality 1080p off Vimeo or YouTube on even a 10mb connection. And OnLive is 720p with a what seems like lower bitrate.

On FTTC i should get a ping of 10 normally. OnLive claims processing takes between 60 and 80ms i heard. So that should leave me with a ping of less than 100 on a 40mb service that is technically capable of 1080P 3D with relative ease. Aslong as OnLive don't screw it up i fail to see how it atleast can't work fairly well. Also remembering the USA is basically the guinea pig. They will of learnt what to and what not to do by the time they set it up over here :p

Certification is nearly always a load of crap. In my experience it doesn't mean anything on many products.. just a label to sell the product.

Especially all that Certified for windows 7 crap.

i think you've got it confused with something else. i think that you're thinking about pre-certified (that's what it sounds like to me).

what i mean is re-certified, like refurbished.

I have a Low Opinion of anything Re-Certified. Your still buying someone else's headache.

hm, i guess. i'll keep that in mind.

just that from from what i've read (not only here), as far as laptops go, asus seems like it's pretty much at the top as far as quality and reliability so i figured a re-certified couldn't be too far off.

Well think about it... It didn't work for someone so they returned it. They want to sell it without putting MORE money into it so they "FIX" it. I stay away from RE anything usually. lol

So I started doing carpentry work here in some our offices that we bought and it's some pretty hard stuff. Especially when no offices have air conditioning! :( Anyway been doing this all day every day....you guys won't see my around here much, don't get too excited though ;)

Back
Top Bottom