What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

What's it for? Other than obvious knife stuff.

It's a Japanese style knife which requires a different chopping technique. Western knifes are usualy based on the german design where the blade is curved and thus you can rock the blade. You have to do it differently for this, but they're good for slicing and dicing vegetables and the sort, but i found them good for meat too. The knife i got is slightly curved though but less than normal, it was designed for westerners i guess - they are not normally curved at all.

Expensive knifes are so much better than the cheap crap you get at your local supermarket. Blades like this are sharp enough that if you run it up your arm it will cleanly cut the hairs off with no problem, they are also better balanced, easier to use, with better quality steels that are usually harder and hold there edge much better.

Uh WOW! That is fantastic!
I need someone like you round my house... I eat pasta maybe 7 days out of 10.

Well unfortunately for you i am not really one for italian cuisine, i like a good Spaghetti Bolognese with a nice red wine based sauce though. Typically i like to cook Indian and Chinese food, and i hate Japanese fish based food, so it probably seems a little odd that i bought a Japanese knife - but they're good at making them.

Well unfortunately for you i am not really one for italian cuisine, i like a good Spaghetti Bolognese with a nice red wine based sauce though. Typically i like to cook Indian and Chinese food, and i hate Japanese fish based food, so it probably seems a little odd that i bought a Japanese knife - but they're good at making them.
i think he meant it by he makes pasta so often because its easy to make man lol.

yay another cook! I mostly cook chinese style too, picked up a lot of tips/recipes off a guy at my work who spent 15 years in hong kong as a chef :D I can make the best 'flied lice' you've ever tasted now lol

Well, I bought these three items:

1.Metroid Prim 3 new, don't ask why I bought it, I want to see if it lives up from it's past prime lineup.

2.Metroid Other M, newegg.com said on their page they will ship it for free, but they want to charge me 9.99 for 3 day select ? also there is no way to change shipping to free...

3.Finally my new mini KA08 got screwed up real bad, and now this chinese guy I bought it from wants 25.00 plus 20.00 for a quick replacement and shipment to my house by saturday morning.
Don't ask why I bought this phone in the beginning, but when a man falls in love with something and it breaks on him, expect him to be very unhappy and bitter until it gets fixed somehow.

£20 worth of fuel, which took me 109 miles, in one week. I didn't even leave my town. :(

Just renewed my RapidShare account for another six months.

£20 worth of fuel, which took me 109 miles, in one week. I didn't even leave my town. :(

Ouch. I can drive that on three gallons, maybe four if it is all city driving... between $7.80 and $10.40.

used gamecube from gamestop for my little bro. he pretty much lives for anything mario related, but i cant afford a wii so i figured this would be the next best thing.

also bought him the best game ever for the gc, super smash bros melee :D.

Back
Top Bottom