Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

why my windows 7 ultimate boot up a bit slow than normal? :-s it used to be fast when I first built my computer.

running core i5/4Gb RAM/black caviar 640GB.

The Rise of 64 Bit Windows7

Applications have traditionally been written to address the memory space available to a 32-bit processor, but reaches the maximum limit 4GB. Now there is an increase in sales of 64 bit Windows7 OS, to go with the increase in the use of 64 bit CPU.

why my windows 7 ultimate boot up a bit slow than normal? :-s it used to be fast when I first built my computer.

running core i5/4Gb RAM/black caviar 640GB.
The simple answer. What did you install? If it was fast and now it is slow and the only thing that has changed is what you have installed, then the logical line of thinking would lead us to ask what you have installed that could have caused this.

Are you sure that your system is clean? I see you playing around with OC and that now as well. Are you sure it is stable? Are you sure that you have all the proper drivers? Are you sure that you have installed Win7 compatible software and not forced software to be installed that might not work?

win7 ultimate is freshly installed just this morning so am sure its clean though and i havent installed anything since I installed it to test how will it go and yes it didnt go well as before.

I just used XMP in bios so that leaves the cpu ratio to x17 but i increased it to x20 but the volts are sure fine coz i didnt touch any volts.

That doesnt make it stable. Did you run Prime95? To verify that it is stable? Did you format properly? Using the format option on the Win7 DVD is not proper. It is only a quick format and if you search the net you will see that this is the worst format optoin out there. Why Microsoft included it as the only way to format is beyond anyone's knowledge.

So if you havent installed anything then how can you say your drivers are up to date? How can you be up to date since you need to install updates. How do you know its clean if you havent installed protection and here you are on the internet. That is the quickest and easiest way to get infected.

So i am sure that you are not where you need to be to blame Win7 for anything. Since you have not done everything necessary to protect yourself, update your PC and test your OC.

well i have updated it meant other things apart from the updates for windows 7. even though it was at stock speed still the same though, i didnt do a quick format coz i formated/deleted it and then install a new partition.

That is still a quick format. If you read my post you will see that there is NO OTHER form of format offered on the Win7 DVD. So again i say, if you used the Win7 DVD, no matter how you got there, using the format option on the DVD is a Quick Format. It doesnt matter if the drive was brand new out of the box. Using the Win7 DVD is a quick format.

The updates is 1 thing. What about driver?!?! Those are not all included in Windows Update. What about security software? You are on the internet where even a image can infect you!

You seem to be missing a major part of what i have said. You have only focused on 1 aspect of my post. What about all the rest of it?

what do you mean even win 7 dvd is still a quick format? so there is no other option on win 7 but quick format unlike winxp? i have no other drivers to install apart from my gpu .

how can i format it but not quick format then?

one aspect on your post which is?

Very next topic underneath this one. GParted Usage Tutorial. Tells every single detail!

Back
Top Bottom