Weight loss is hard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oreo, can't you bring your own lunch to school? Lean meats, turkey, ham, chicken, are best for a sandwich.

Just stop eating Oreo's, lol.

I could indeed bring my own food to school. But, i'd get the **** taken out of me, alot.. only the least popular people in school dare bring in packed lunch.

Crazy, i know. But that's how it is. I even got called gay once for doing my bag up so everything doesn't fall out, w..t..f.

So yeh, that's out of the question unless i'm trying to comit social suicide. Oh and i hate Oreo's :p

I got myself an Exercise Bike though today. It's pretty decent, resistance levels ranging from 1 to 16. Although they all seem fairly hard, 1 is abit harder than cycling down the road on a BMX. I expected 1 to be as hard as being on gear 1/1 (as apposed to 3/7 being the hardest on 21gear mountain bikes) which for anyone thats road on a mountain bike before knows it's really really easy. And resistance 16, well that feels like cycling up a 40 degree slope.

But i could only manage 20 minutes. By 5 minutes i was already sweating and breathing pretty heavily like when powerwalking for example. By 15minutes i was dripping with sweat and really deep and fast breathing. So i don't think i could do much more than 20mins. I was going at a fair pace though, it said i managed 9km which is 5.6miles, so over 15mph/27kmh - it also said i burnt 200 calories (although i am always dubious on the accuracy of these things)

But i am just wondering if 20minutes a day is actually worth it, will it even be beneficial to weight loss and fitness ? it's really not very long.

Maybe you should instead try converting that fat to muscle. I've heard that it's easier to convert it to muscle than it is be skinny and then gain the muscle, because you have both work-out and increase your calorie intake.

But as far as I know BMI is pretty inaccurate.

!5mins for the 1st gtime is good... next week it'll 20mins and easy.

20mins is the min, step it up to 40 eventually, and you'll see a great improvement in your overall health feeling.

20 minutes is great, but try to set a steady pace and not kill yourself. Better a slower pace for a longer duration than a fast pace and a shorter duration. [that holds true on many different levels... ;)]

I'm not familiar with the school lunch programs in England, but I imagine there are actually healthy food choices available. You're just not used to picking them. At 16 years-old, there must be some real physical activity you could be participating in that doesn't require an exercise bike.

Have you talked to your parents about losing weight? Have they talked to you about making healthy food choices or even taken you to a dietitian?

20 minutes is great, but try to set a steady pace and not kill yourself. Better a slower pace for a longer duration than a fast pace and a shorter duration. [that holds true on many different levels... ;)]

It was a steady pace, i'm just really really unfit :lol: If i jog (not run) 150yards i need to sit down and recouperate for like 5minutes. That's probably normal at 40 or 50 yrs old. But at 16 that's just terrible. Hence my whole action plan.

It's not surprising though, for the past 4 years all i've done is walk to an from school each day which only takes 15minutes per journey. And then i lie around all day and eat like crap probably around 3500cals a day.

edit:

LOL i found this thread while looking at general health related stuff. This guy is wondering how to go from eating 1800cals a day to 4000. I really don't get his problem. It is not hard to eat to much, just swap fruit and veg for junk food. And then swap all your main meals for a McDonalds Big Mac (two is preferable) and your well on your way to gaining 5lbs a week. Trying to gain weight is a problem i dont think i will ever understand, what is so hard about doing nothing and eating tasty sugary and fatty food all day - sounds like heaven.

Ok! food post time :)
For breakfast: nothing
For lunch:

27012010.jpg

For dinner:
ImageShack -

Breakfast:
Hash brown frittata (hash brown potatoes, onion, bacon, eggs)

Lunch:
Two homemade lean hamburgers w/lettuce & tomato on 100 calorie rolls, oven fries

Supper:
Fiber One bar (Oats & Chocolate), Keebler 100 Calorie Right Bites Grasshopper cookies :D

It's really hard for me (gaining weight) .

Even if I engorge myself, my metabolism still beasts at it, so most of the time I'm right where back I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom