GT 300 Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hah I just posted that in the new tech forum. He is pretty mean to Nvidia, but everything he says is spot on. You wont see the new cards till march or may, and that's assuming TSMC doesn't have any of it's own issues. Supply will be low, as it is with all TSMC 40nm chips and they probably wont OC well due to being a large chip made on an iffy process.

The other day i was thinking about how much money Intel could make if they used their 45nm fabs as hired guns when they moved on to 32nm. Their 45nm process seems to be superior to TSMCs 40nm and their yields are pretty good. They could make a killing from both ATI and Nvidia among others.

Hmmm, I think I might end up going with ATI for my next card. It seems like Nvidia's performance is usually better, but the 5870 seems very good, and it's price is lower than what Nvidia's new cards will probably be- something that's very important.

It'll be interesting to see what happens before the year is over though.

Good Luck with the 5870, if you can find one. It's almost as rare as the Nvidia 300's and you'll pay a pretty penny for it. After waiting this long I'm still going to wait on Nvidia, even if I decide to go ATI at least the pricing will return to normal.

Wow, I just posted that and less than two hours later they are sold out :wtf:.

Is there anyway to some sort of pre-order it on Newegg or do you just have to be there right when they go up for sale/come in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom