Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

XP Mode Stuff

There is the XP Mode. VirtualBox is just like VMWare.

I had a couple of issues, nothing serious. I couldn't find xp mode after I install it. then I read that i needed to install virtual pc. the software also made my incredimail not load. a reinstall fix that.

But i'm liking this a lot better than Vmware. it install quickly (I don't know why vmware wants to take 20 years to do this). I can attach what ever usb device that i want.

now have do I access my other partitions? they are there in the virtual windows

edit. never mind. thx mak

I'm done with Vista and XP

Wow coming from a long lived XP fan to say that they are done with it, that is something to consider. Glad it is working and you like it.

glad i did a full clean format...everything is performing so much faster...and smooth...thanks mak for really pushin me towards win7...i'm lovin every second of it...and now xp feels boring!

glad i did a full clean format...everything is performing so much faster...and smooth...thanks mak for really pushin me towards win7...i'm lovin every second of it...and now xp feels boring!

yeah I agree. I stayed with it because it worked without too much of a headache

now that I have a free 80 gig hdd. what other OS do you guys suggest? I love lunixmce but I can never get it to load on my computers

Eric try PC-BSD or FreeBSD or OpenBSD.

Glad people finally understand why i pushed Win7 so much. I really is a great OS. ;)

I have updated the first page with tid-bits for teh final release. Since it is due out in about a month's time and people know i have had access to it since Aug 6th, i have decided to update the information to give people the inside scoop now.

If you have any questions in regards to the final build and programs that can run on it i will do my best to answer. As i dont ahve the leatest and greatest games i cant vouch for them. But i will do my best to test just about any software asked about.

alright since i have the evaluation copy...do i have anything less than the final rc version? or is it the exact same?

I do have one beef . even though you can change the location of the documents picture and music, it still tries to force everything to the C drive. I store nothing on the C drive. Picasa 3 will only check the C drive for picture even if you select my documents and picture folder that you already changed. it didn't do that in Vista. Maybe this a Picasa issue

I do love the fact that it has a download folder in the front panel now. that's the folder that I click on the most.

alright since i have the evaluation copy...do i have anything less than the final rc version? or is it the exact same?

I'm sorry I dont understand. There is no such thing as final RC. It is either RC or Final (RTM). If you downloaded it from the M$ site a while back it is RC. If you got the Enterprise 90 Day trial then it is the RTM.

Start>run>winver

Tells all.

Back
Top Bottom