Post Your Screenshots (Slow Internet Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Fallout 3
fallout3200908050936043.jpg

fallout3200908050931378.jpg

Domestic, you should consider capping your game at 125FPS, because the game uses the Quake Engine.

So you have certain advantages when you are at 125FPS ;)

Basically think Extreme Conditioning perk :D

Domestic, you should consider capping your game at 125FPS, because the game uses the Quake Engine.

The quake engine? really?
Ok, I will look into it vernong.

I looked into it (because I didn't know which game version of Quake it was)

But its Quake3's engine.

You're talking about CoD 4, right?

It does not use the Quake Engine; IW designed the CoD 4: MW engine themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_4:_Modern_Warfare said:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare runs on a proprietary engine with features that include true world-dynamic lighting, HDR lighting effects, dynamic shadows and depth of field.[14] "Bullet Penetration" is calculated by the engine, taking into account factors such as surface type and entity thickness. The game runs in a native resolution of 600p for its console versions.[15]

Certain objects, such as cars and some buildings, are destructible. This makes distinguishing cover from concealment important, as the protection provided by objects such as wooden fences and thin walls do not completely protect players from harm. Bullet speed and stopping power are decreased after penetrating an object, and the decrease is dependent on the thickness and surface type of the object. The game makes use of a dynamic physics engine, not implemented in previous Call of Duty titles. Death animations are a combination of pre-set animations and ragdoll physics. Console versions of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare run at a consistent 60 frames per second.[14] Code was included to determine spawning points based on the nearby weapons, and enemy positions and line of sight. The various criteria are meant to minimize players dying immediately after rejoining a match, or being "spawn-killed" due to players simply waiting for players to "respawn".[11]

The game engine has also been used for the development of two other Activision games. An enhanced version of the original engine was used in Call of Duty: World at War, the fifth installment in the Call of Duty series after Call of Duty 4,[16] while a slightly altered version has been used for the James Bond video game Quantum of Solace.[17]

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/796/796451p2.html said:
IGN AU: This is a proprietary engine?

Grant Collier: Yeah, this is all proprietary. I don't know if you noticed but in situations where the enemies aren't matching you in technology, they're going to use other things; we want them to be intelligent. So when we were in a dark area, they would launch off flares to illuminate the player, and even with the lighting engine, it works in conjunction with the character model so you'll see the light wash across, not just the area and the ground, but the view model, and shadows will move across the view model. So, the lighting engine, the shadows, the self shadowing, the particle system, the procedural clutter that we have around, y'know, I think all of those are really cutting edge. I'd say physics engine, but everyone has a physics engine now.

That's what they said about COD2.. and it is basically modded version of Quake3.

Check online.

That's what they said about COD2.. and it is basically modded version of Quake3.

Check online.

The second link is a quote from a conversation with the head of Infinity Ward Studios stating that the game, Call of Duty 4: MW, uses an entirely proprietary engine. I sifted through quite a few search results and failed to find anything besides a few users on random forums claiming that it was running on a modified Quake 3 engine.

BASHandSlash.com - The Call of Duty 4 FAQ

"Infinity Ward has created its own proprietary graphics engine-based on the Quake graphics engine. The new software is heavily modified though. This "new" engine introduces cinematic quality graphics and sound . You can now get realistic depth of field, rim-lighting, character self-shadowing, texture streaming and physics-enabled effects like death scenes which combine rag doll with death animations."

I realize I didn't say it was based off the "Quake engine" an error on my part.

But you can see that based off the similar Quake commands and the same config files used for the both games.

Yes, its proprietary, but based of Quake's engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom