Can't host in battle.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ok, so want to play some dota against a friend, is only the second time i've accessed battle.net. The first time we finally got the game to work (don't know who hosted) by fixing the port forwarding on our routers as is the most common solution.

This time we can't get it to work...we can both join other people's games and when he hosts i see his game but can't join (he can't see mine if i host), we both create games but noone joins....this is his second time on battle.net as well, the first time being when we last played.

Any ideas? I've unplugged the router and gone straight to the modem but no change...the closest we get is when he hosts and i see the game but just can't join.

Open ports 6112-6118 TCP and UDP. Make sure you have a static IP as well. Are you with Bell or Rogers and what kind of modem do you have? I'm a hosting expert when it comes to WC3 lol. I host with ListChecker and play DotA every night with my friends.

Since when did you need a static IP? I've hosted polenty of tower war games on WC3 and only ever needed to open the ports.

So that your router keeps the ports open for that IP. Otherwise the next time I turn my computer on I might get 192.168.0.8 instead of 192.168.0.5 which is the IP the ports are opened for.

Your router either opens the ports for all computers or your DHCP must be setup so that it keeps giving you the same IP over and over.

Ok....yes I see the date but figured no point in starting a new thread.

This worked great for a while then recently I changed my router, Linksys WRT54G from version 6 to 2 and now I can't host again. I've done the fixed IP and port forwarding again which always fixed it in the past but not this time. I've checked firewalls etc...nothing helps.

Any ideas? I've googled and tried what's listed but never solved.

If all else fails, use hamachi.

Yeah, we've been going that route in the meantime....but one guy on windows 7 can't seem to get it to work, he can connect to my network just fine, no issues, but he just can't see the game.

Is UPnP enabled?

Not so sure...how do I check this?

edit/ Woot woot dude, such a simple fix, found it, disabled it and now I can host. LOL, so much googling and I found nothing on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom