Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Well your best bet would most definitely be to get the Volume License. As for what the difference is you would have to contact Microsoft to see what the Software Assurance program entails. It may only be available to partners. That is something that Microsoft hasnt disclosed yet.

Just as i thought. It is only available to Microsoft Partners. BetaNews has some details on it.

How much would the Volume License w/out the Software Assurance be?
An estimate would be nice =D

That wont be known till Sept 1st when they go up for sale. There isnt even estimates out there yet as to how much it would be. It all depends on the amount of licenses and if your a partner or not. There are so many variables your best bet would be to email Microsoft and see if they can give you the estimate.

https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/windows-activation-faq.aspx

That page gives some info on how to get MAKs (Multi Activation Keys) but Win7 is not listed yet and most likely wont be till Sept 1st when they will be available. Till then your only option is to contact Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/how-to-buy/Default.aspx

It even says that you have to call them to see if you qualify. So there is no way i can guess. Since there is still discounts on Win7 right now for some programs and there is discounts offered for the more licenses you buy there is no way with all the factors to determine how much it would cost.

That wont be known till Sept 1st when they go up for sale. There isnt even estimates out there yet as to how much it would be. It all depends on the amount of licenses and if your a partner or not. There are so many variables your best bet would be to email Microsoft and see if they can give you the estimate.

https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/windows-activation-faq.aspx

That page gives some info on how to get MAKs (Multi Activation Keys) but Win7 is not listed yet and most likely wont be till Sept 1st when they will be available. Till then your only option is to contact Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/how-to-buy/Default.aspx

It even says that you have to call them to see if you qualify. So there is no way i can guess. Since there is still discounts on Win7 right now for some programs and there is discounts offered for the more licenses you buy there is no way with all the factors to determine how much it would cost.

The volume licensing seems to only apply to Windows Servers.. as they all require that you connect to a "host" computer.

Is there anytype of multiple activation methods for simple home users with many computers?

The MAK would suffice. The 1 link i gave was for Vista and Server 2008. So they will have the same type of program for Win7 as well. Like i said nothing is available right now as far as links or information cause it isnt even up for these types of programs till Sept 1, 2009. It isnt till that time that information about how to obtain and acquire the MAK/VLK serials for Win7 will be available. Till then it is anybody's guess.

Cyberlink Youcam will not work in 64bit windows 7 for me it just keeps saying the camera is in use by another application. However the exact same version works just fine in 32bit windows vista on the other partition.

YouCam works fine for me in Win7 64bit on my Compaq laptop. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling the app (use compatibility mode for Vista and/or run as admin on the installer and the program after installed).

Mak:

From the post I did for the "New Window/ Slow"......and then I saw the reply you eventually did where you found that IEBlog.

I's been a little while since I checked the boards here and replied, but thanks!! I went into the Tools/ Manage Add-ons, disabled quite a few, and WOW......new windows/ tabs open incredibly fast now!!

I was already familiar, of course, with add-ons and what they are and what they did. I have a dual boot system: Win 7 RC and Win XP Pro. I'm sure my IE browser in XP Pro has add-ons, but I never experienced these really slow launch times when launching a new browser window in XP; it only happened in Win 7 RC.

Anyway, thanks for the link/ info. I'm using Win 7 right now as I type this and the new browser windows are opening fast!!

Pez

Glad to be of service. Nice to know when the information provided helps.

Does anyone else have any problem with photoshop cs4? Downloaded the trial again and it was working fine for a couple days. I decided to download some more fonts. Same ones I used on my old machine so they're virus/hazard free. But now when photoshop starts up it loads up the cpu and raises my temps to the high 30's low 40's even when its idle. Before it would stay around 33.

Its insanely slow now when it does work, usually just crashes as soon as I click something. Tried running in different compatibilities and still nothing. I'll try re-installing again maybe. Its just the fonts that sent it over. Any quick way to uninstall around 2k fonts :p?

Fonts work fine in open office, just something PS doesn't like :(.

Back
Top Bottom