Bing Versus Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer google because I also use other things from google like gmail. It's just preference for me. I think it is impressive that Microsoft released a search engine that is sort of equal to Google though.

I like bing for one thing... less characters to type in then google.

Bing does not work the same as Google as i have noticed. I use Bing for now but i should do my own comparisons in searches n see what i get.

I've found Google can find better photos for what I'm looking for than Bing. I usually go to Bing first, if I can't find what I want I go to Google.

Well, to reiterate yzmxer608, I find Bing's image search to be horrible.

The other day I decided to test out Bing and the web search was quite advanced, but I was disappointed when I was looking for a dark background for my desktop. I searched "Dark Background" first, and "Black Background" second. The results are as follows:

Dark Background - Bing Images

Black Background - Bing Images

With Google on the other hand...

Dark Background - Google Image Search

Black Background - Google Image Search

Bing seems to have more searching options, but Google remains the most accurate in my opinion, at least as far as imaging goes.

Using a generic term such as Dark or Black isnt going to net you many results on Bing. Bing is for refined searches to get more dedicated answers. You would need to add Desktop and/or Wallpaper to your search terms to get a much better result.

I mean that would be like me trying to say search for Blue. Blue what? Blue coins, blue keys, blue skies? Google would give me answers for everything and anything Blue. Bing would only provide me with answer that had Blue in the file name.

That is why Google worked better is because you gave a generic question to search for and it gave all results with the terms provided. Bing was trying to decide what you were looking for. Dark backgrounds of what? Museums, Buildings, murals? There are so many dark backgrounds in the world that can use that term that Bing just gave you the results listed with that in the tag or file name.

If you were to refine the search with adding desktop wallpaper then Bing and Google both would have provided much better Results with Bing offering up some different ones than Google.

Thilly,

Already have that wallpaper. ;) Official one from the movie release.

I think Google is better for my photo needs. Take this for example, I searched for 2006 yz85 cylinder, can't get any more specific than that for the example.
2006 yz85 cylinder - Google Image Search
2006 yz85 cylinder - Bing Images
Google came back with 2 images for what I was looking for on the first page, Bing had 0 (those pictures of the cylinders on Bing aren't for a 2006 yz85) Bing did have diagrams, something google didn't come back with.

Simply put all Search engines are flawed. Even the almighty Google. We each use what we like. No need to defend or blast the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom