Nvidia Threats It Could Ban Larrabee from Entering the Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking fights with Intel is unwise. If their CEO had kept his mouth shut then they would be making chipsets today.

wow you cannot blame that at all. intel WANTED to be the exclusive chipset maker for core I7 that is why they are the exlusive developers, nvidia still makes chipsets for amd.

wow you cannot blame that at all. intel WANTED to be the exclusive chipset maker for core I7 that is why they are the exlusive developers, nvidia still makes chipsets for amd.

Sure I can. Don't you remember when he said they would pwn Intel? If I was Intel's CEO I wouldn't let that go unanswered.

I'm not going to argue this any further. We all know Nvidia was asking for it. You wont realize that for whatever reason and I refuse to have a ****ing contest with you.

Sure I can. Don't you remember when he said they would pwn Intel? If I was Intel's CEO I wouldn't let that go unanswered.

I'm not going to argue this any further. We all know Nvidia was asking for it. You wont realize that for whatever reason and I refuse to have a ****ing contest with you.

you have no idea how the bussiness world worcks they are in it for money, and no i dotn remember never even herd of it at all, i know nvidia has a bad ceo atm but didnt hear abotu that one. thing is i dotn think intel would do somethign that could potentialy earn them less money because of trash talk, this is the bussiness world here not kindergarden, people say most idiotic things in the bussines world yet still work together as it benefits all parties.

Nvidia can't press this. The only IP Intel is using here is the GPU, and Nvidia didn't invent it and they don't have a patent on it. If anything Intel does directly since they invented the Integrated Circuit which ever GPU is.
I don't think they're talking about GPU's in general. Just specific technologies (probably involved with DirectX acceleration) within the GPU, which they gave Intel a license to, in exchange for Nvidia getting a license to make chipsets for Intel systems.

I mean, Intel is primarily a CPU maker. In order to get descent DirectX acceleration, it was better for them to get help from a GPU maker that already knew how.
I think this goes back to their CEO. He is freaking nuts, picking fights with Intel and starting a ******* match that he could not possibly win.
Yeah, I do kinda agree on that.

Though I can at least see their point in this case. Nvidia wants to continue making chipsets. But if Intel gets their way, they get to keep the licenses to Nvidia's technologies within the GPU, while Nvidia gets shut out of the chipset market.

i see these fights hurting both markets. larabbee increases competitiveness, and nvidia producing chipsets allows a wider varriety and choice of boaards for the core i7 it would even result in more core i7 sales.

Exactly. *claps*

Has any nvidia chipset been as good as the equivalent Intel one of the same generation? :snob:

Not for some time. And it could be argued that they have always stunk. I'm no expert on p4 era mobos so i can't comment on them, but on the AMD side Nforce 4 was pretty good. The later chipsets didn't live up.

yea the nvidia chipsets havent always been as good as intels but arent horrible just not as good. but are usualy cheaper aswell. as for amd i would say they have been very solid there the nforce 4 was nice i herd the same about the 590. then they skiped the 6 series and jumped to the nvidia 780a and its aparently a very nice chipset. you have to realise nvidias weakness was the memory controler. that is now on the cpu, so im preaty sure if nvidia made a chipset for core i7 itd be much nicer then its previous releases such as the 6 series and some of the 7 series. i say this as i got a much higher clock out my 750i ftw then i did with my maximux formula with an x38 chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom