This is blasphemy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This is madness!"

So is this technically a more broad version of Xbox Live? Except instead of buying the game, putting it in your tray, and logging on to frag n00bs, you just...log on?

There's no way this will work correctly for years.

"This is SPAAAARRRRTTTAAAAAAAA!"

Couldn't resist.

Was wondering if you were going to do that :p.

honestly its a good idea but I don't ever see this as ever working due to 1 word that is seemingly impossible to overcome practically...lag

Just look at multiplayer games today and how unreliable they are. Heck theres a reason why people do serious pro game tournaments in person compared to online, online simply doesn't work as well and thats because of lag, plain and simple. ( not to mention cheating and all that )

Yeah this concept sucks. Yo will need one **** of an internet connection not just to connect and play online but now to render the game itself. That just isn't going to work for most people because of lag like gabb mentioned but also with the upcoming bandwidth caps being imposed by isps now.

Didn't I see this concept years before? I mean around the time the PS3 was still in it's infancy concept stages and it was going ot have a boomerang remote controller?

About several years ago, there was a very similar product or service in the works, i forget the name, but it leveled some of the same ideas.

You buy a box, download games and connect, play everything over an internet connection. Sure, there might have been a call for a T1 line but, a lot of people download there content to PC's and 360's for the same reason they bought there respective systems and what not.

Another thing I don't like is the fact that they insist on an HDMI port and internet connection. Meaning I would have to pull another 40 bucks a month out of thin air to play on this service versus my 30 bucks every few months thus saving money.

It's a very infant concept that, for the most part will run into errors. What about all of the information being stored abroad? Will that allow developers to make on the fly additions to games? correct software issues? What happens if the server crashes or it's infected with some kind of virus. What of the hundreds of thousands being invested into this server that, for the most part isn't 100% insured by a physical disc. I'm sorry, i think with the unlimited amount of space out there in the net it would still lead to non innovative/boring games. We gave some companies up to several GB of space to create a game, what do we get? RE5...

This is an absolutely amazing idea. . . in a few years. Right now no ISP in my city offers the required internet connection for this. Once stuff like Verizon's FiOS is offered to a much larger geographic area then this could catch on, but until then OnLive is too far ahead of its time. Hopefully it'll get enough subscribers to last a few years, then mainstream can get into it.

I they do this they better still sell boxed copies of games for all us country kids living with 1.5mb/s connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom