Potentially the longest thread in history...

Look, even when I was jokingly piecing together a "dream machine" wishlist on newegg, I didn't even think about buying 3x 295s, and that build was over 6 grand. Even in my wildest dreams I wouldn't even think about it.

So, as I stated, no. Just no.

Heat would be incredibly through the roof.

Like the fastra pc with four 9800GX2's, the cores run at 100C with full fan speed and the side panel off.

That would quite possibly be the dumbest thing you could ever do when building a machine. Spending 1000 bucks ono GPUs is one thing, but shelling out another 500 just for PhysX?

No. Just no. I don't even want to think about the PSU you'd need.

I'm looking at Mirror's Edge screenshot's of PhysX and overall I'm not that impressed...

PhysX in Mirror's Edge - What PhysX Adds to Mirror's Edge - 3D Graphics, Audio & HDTV by ExtremeTech

I WAS considering getting another GPU for PhysX, but now I'm saying screw it.. unless they improve it a bit, I probably won't buy another GPU for PhysX, and put that money somewhere else

I'm looking at Mirror's Edge screenshot's of PhysX and overall I'm not that impressed...

PhysX in Mirror's Edge - What PhysX Adds to Mirror's Edge - 3D Graphics, Audio & HDTV by ExtremeTech

I WAS considering getting another GPU for PhysX, but now I'm saying screw it.. unless they improve it a bit, I probably won't buy another GPU for PhysX, and put that money somewhere else

I've seen a couple games that could benefit slightly from it, but it's obviously not something I would buy a separate card for...if I replaced an 8800gs with a 260 or something, I'd throw the 8800gs in for PhysX, but never buy something specifically for it.

I'd buy a card for folding before I bought one for phsyx, haha.

Back
Top Bottom