FEAR 2 feb 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha... I haven't read up on it, but it's still a bad*** game... just don't like the steam setup. (I like a stand alone game) I know I can go off line with it, but I still don't like the fact that I have to access Steam in order to play it.

According to people over at the fear community, one of the DEVs said that you only have to access it once and that is to activate the key you used, there are already work arounds though. It is just a PITA to use that work around, as far as I know though it doesn't have a limit of how many times you can register it...

So far it's a killer game... I'm taking it kinda slow, and checking out all the extras and different graphics that are in the game, but I will say (IMO) it's worth it.

Yeah it's def killer. Im happy with it. Awesome game.
Though im on my 8th or so crash now :/ Doesn't really matter since it autosaves like every 5 min, and only takes like 60 sec to get back into it from desktop lol. Load times are great.

Only things that don't quite match up to the first F.E.A.R.:
1) They've failed on their dynamic shadows :/ It was done quite well in f.e.a.r., but 90% of the time you won't even cast a shadow from light sources in f.e.a.r. 2 lol. It's a bit lame. Doesn't really affect gameplay but atmosphere takes a hit.

2) I've noticed damage to your surroundings is Significantly Less apparent than it was in the first game. Which is quite a shame since that was one of the big draw factors of the first one. For me anyway.

but whatever the game still rocks my socks. worth the cash for sure.

What level are you guys on when you are crashing? I have a ATI card and I have not had one crash yet. I think I am on lv 4 maybe? Not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom