Potentially the longest thread in history...

If you cant meet the preferred deadline, then youre not doing much for science because someone else has to complete the work unit.

So you're saying that even if I make it by the final deadline, it's pointless?

Luke - I'm running the uniprocessor on my desktop, and smp on my laptop.

I've only finished a uniprocessor WU. I was confused by SMP at first so I just loaded two uni's on my laptop, but I was only getting 40ppd...so I figured out SMP, and started it about a day and a half ago...it's about 34% done, and at the current speed, it's going to make the final deadline with about 5 or 6 hours to spare (between 470 and 480 ppd).

My desktop goes anywhere from 60-150ppd, right now it's 107.

I originally started folding on a socket A 2000+, so I know your pain. :D

Make sure you don't have the "Allow greater than 10MB" checked on the Connection tab of the configuration interface.

It's not checked. ;P My desktop is chugging right along, 29% done on this current WU. Got a little over a day left. It's my laptop that's struggling to meet at least the final deadline, but right now it'll beat it with 4.5 hours to spare. I gotta remember to disable the morning virus scan, it killed 2 hours of my leeway. :[ Now I'll never meet the preferred deadline.

So today I was sick... and I still don't feel exactly perfect... I'm like crazy tired and fatigued... tomorrow I'll probably go see a doctor

I feel somewhat the same, actually. Sinuses are killing me, sore throat, stuffed nose, sneezing, etc. I think it's just my allergies though, they get pretty severe sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom