Potentially the longest thread in history...

Now compare that to Apok, I don't think he has ever owned an Intel pc. If he does it isn't anything recent.
I've owned a couple of Pentium 3 systems before moving to AMD (first was a Sempron 2800+). After learning more about CPU's in general I was disappointed with Intel's Netburst chips, and especially disliked the way in which they were marketing them.
I stick to AMD now because I've learned.. shall I say, certain things about how Intel has been doing business. And I defend AMD (and occasionally have defended Via) firstly because I don't want to see Intel go unchallenged in the market and become a monopoly (I know and I've seen how monopolies affect the market), and secondly because I think they genuinely have been getting negative light they don't deserve.

I think it's especially important in these times to support competitors in general that are struggling (the financial crisis makes it even harder for them), or we risk losing them and eventually end-up paying more than we should for mediocre products.

It is never my intention to deceive people about the chips. Though I do recommend and/or argue for AMD or even Via when I think there is a good reason to do so; i.e. I don't try to make arguments that aren't logical.

Though I especially dislike it when fanboys go out of their way to attack companies like AMD for no apparent reason (I know zmatt isn't an Intel fanboy); I tend to challenge these people for the simple fact that if left unchallenged, their fanboyism becomes contagious. And if that happens, the place can easily become almost a cult.
I tend leave people who aren't looking for an argument alone, however.

I don't tend to just pick a company to like and run with it just because I can...

It was around 68F here today. Quite nice, actually. Supposed to be the same tomorrow, but cloudy. It's supposed to get ugly after that.

As for the weekend... spent all day yesterday working on the yard of our old house. We had a part of a tree down across the fence, the privacy fence was in shreds in the yard, and last fall's leaves were still there. We got the tree gone, finished tearing down the privacy fence and got it cleaned up, and got he leaves up from the back yard (and I am sore all over). We still lack the front (1/3 the size, thankfully), and cleaning up the inside a bit. That will be later this week.

When I was in high school I took AP world history, AP US History and AP Euro. I got 5s on them. The university gave me 16 credit hours for all the classes. Tomorrow I have a 5 page paper due in English 104. I have spent all day editing the crap out of it. I think it's finally done. It is so refined and smooth it flows like water down a Teflon coated river.

It would be so awesome if FAH would update with my first complete WU. :[

Of course this next one is bigger and is worth less points. :[ I just hope my SMP finishes on time...so far so good in about 3 days, rofl.

Back
Top Bottom