Far Cry 2 FPS- Normal for setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that whether you have AA&AF enabled or not, chances are the game will look the same regardless.

I hugely disagree with that. While there still might be pixelation to some degree with AA on, without AA the pixelation is immense (on most games) and edges are very jaggedy.

Also, the pixel density of your monitor can factor in too.

Nvidia cards typically aren't as good with AA as the ATi 4 series, and you'll see some framerate drop depending on the game. In a high end game like FC2 you'll notice some drop, but 47 fps average should be fine.

This was only an issue with G92, GT200 cards handle AA extremely well.

My point is that whether you have AA&AF enabled or not, chances are the game will look the same regardless.

Um? I'm going to have to disagree there, have you ever played TF2 with AA off and set to the max? It looks like a completely different game. You must have like a 12 inch monitor or something to not be able to tell the difference.

^ My buddy just popped my spare GPU (9600gts) I let him borrow till he builds his new rig..

He had the AA on 4x and said the fan stared clicking like crazy.. My 4870 seems to handle warhead, COD WaW and COD4 fine maxxed out on all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom