Potentially the longest thread in history...

Yeah...I dunno, I may just go back to playing sudoku.

EDIT: Am I the only one who find it silly that intel has the next 3 microarchitectures after Nehalem, and that one just came out recently? It's kinda disheartening to look at future stuff, then have to buy the stuff available today.

I don't see a reason for me to move over to intel any time soon bar my two mac's I don't own a intel chip.
I am happy with AMD they might not be the fastest but atleast they don't flood the market with millions of chips at one time and they don't cost a few hundred quid for a decent processor.

Well, the reason they don't cost so much is because they weren't able to keep up with intel...they had to drop prices to compete. I remember spending almost 200 bucks for my s754 3200+ back at the beginning of 2005, but since AM2 came out and they started falling behind, they've been dirt cheap.

I see your point though, AMD is a good cheap alternative. My next upgrade is going be an x2 7750...basically building a whole new machine for under 300 bucks after rebates, haha. Gotta love it.

what are your favorite sudoku sites?

i do yahoo's daily and web sudoku. Got any recommendation? Also how many fps do you get. My video card is pretty old and sometimes my fps gets pretty low almost unplayable.

Well thing is i am far from cheep I just like AMD more for some reason, although I like droping serious money on newhardware i don't see the point till the mood takes me or I need it. And when I do I buy to last if you catch my drift.

I can't play sudoku. I seriously get so annoyed that a number i put 3 mins ago doesn't work that i could kill the person that started sudoku. Im much better with general knowledge based questions, riddles, iq questions, and of the like.

Considering Intel offers decent dual cores next to nothing. Its probably safe to say that Intel is the champion of price/performance when it comes to dual cores.

Other then the i7's though, the rest of Intels Quad Core line up just have an awful price/performance ratio. Considering the PII 920 oc's like the 940 and its still under sub $200. While the Q8200/Q9400/Q9550/Q9600 are still quite a bit more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom