New Samsung 40" 1080p LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Woot... just got this for only $850 at Fred Meyer. Its the Samsung 40" 1080P Display LCD Model Number LN40A550. I couldn't pass the deal and got the TV. Its normally over $1k at major electronic stores and did a search online and this was the cheapest price it has been :)

Here are some photos of my setup and the 22" Gateway next to it :) This new screen is enormous and picture quality is perfect!

40 in monitor on top of a desk.. T.T

Your eyes are gonna die, because my 52" Samsung is already bright enough from 15 feet away.

LOL. I use the 22" monitor when working on my computer. I do want to move the TV someplace so I wont have to look at it when Im sitting on my desk.

I picked up a 30" dell a month ago mainly for the extra resolution and i'm still getting used to that. 40" is just way too big for a computer monitor, heck, 42" has been my actual tv for the longest time. I dont see how you people do it.

I picked up a 30" dell a month ago mainly for the extra resolution and i'm still getting used to that. 40" is just way too big for a computer monitor, heck, 42" has been my actual tv for the longest time. I dont see how you people do it.

I know... I am debating whether I should put it someplace else other than in my desk. But I dont have a place to put it on... well actually I do but then ugh.... so much hassle.... I am not using it as a monitor to look on when doing work on my computer. Thats why I have the 22" monitor next to it. I use it for watching Blu Ray movies, other movies and playing my 360 which I just got yesterday hehe :)

So... Im thinking about moving it... the problem is the chords to connect it to my PC are not long enough.... so I have to move the PC so the HDMI cable can reach the TV. Then, another problem is my ethernet cord is only 3' long which makes me limited to how far I can move my computer tower. Though, I ordered a 15' ethernet cord through Amazon but will not get here until Friday. So.... I might have to wait when I move this setup around. I was gonna use that Ethernet cord for the xbox 360 but I can always move the 360 closer to the Ethernet ports (on the wall cuz I live in a dorm). So I might just put the 360 on my desk and the TV on top of two black file cabinets we have on our room. :)

But yea... It does kinda make you blind just having the TV right on your peripheral vision ( less than a foot away) even though your not looking at it directly.

Nope, I got it off Amazon so it was only $3.00 for a 15' one.

Also, I just rearranged my room and exchanged my short ethernet cable for a long one from my friend.

So now, the TV is no longer on my desk :) Its pretty sick setup now actually.

take it back while you still have a warranty. those dells has a known defect that will make it just go off and come on when it want too after you had it after a year or so.

for some reason people seem to think that I fix TV's tv and I've gotten a few of them (to fix) and it is a known defect by dell but they won't tell a new customer that

It has a 3 year no questions asked warranty. That was one of the reasons i picked it up. I wont touch dell equipment without a warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom