Potentially the longest thread in history...

The highest Ive seen Deneb is 4.2ghz on LN2. That's pretty sad Rican so don't even go there.

You can't compare the OC abilities of a dual and a quad. Yes the e8500 can do some sick clocks but a fair comparison would be to the q9550. And don't forget the i7 is much faster than any core 2 and pwns Deneb even more. 4ghz on air is good for a quad. That is an improvement. And as the motherboards get more refined and the OCers learn how to use QPI we will see even higher clocks.

okay.. i dont like to base decisions on what one or two people say so your the third that says the 8500 over the q6600 ill swap them on my wishmis list

The highest Ive seen Deneb is 4.2ghz on LN2. That's pretty sad Rican so don't even go there.

You can't compare the OC abilities of a dual and a quad. Yes the e8500 can do some sick clocks but a fair comparison would be to the q9550. And don't forget the i7 is much faster than any core 2 and pwns Deneb even more. 4ghz on air is good for a quad. That is an improvement. And as the motherboards get more refined and the OCers learn how to use QPI we will see even higher clocks.

sorry, but thats not true so you dont even go there.

deneb hit 6.3ghz on ln2, and it was verified.

and it hit 4ghz on air, 3.7ghz with multi alone.

Back
Top Bottom