DD-WRT revert to WRT54G

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello Everyone. I was wondering if someone could give me a guide on how to revert my linksys router back to its original firmware. I installed DD-WRT to test it out, but dont really like all the advanced features and such. I found a guide about using TFTP and I tried doing that, but kept getting "no response from server" everytime I did it. My router is a WRT54G V8. I also tried holding in the reset button and switching back to Original settings, but DD-WRT still remains on there. Please let me know how I can revert back.

Thanks!

Yes, I did download the latest firmware from the linksys website. It's just a matter of how to put that on there and how to completely wipe the network router and get the linksys on there.

Thanks.

usually you would browse to the router's ip in a web browser. login. find a section for updating and /or firmware. it will ask you for the location of the firmware. it will upload the file and reboot

Are you having any problems with the firmware working on your router? or is it working fine and you just don't like the interface? But like other people have stated...once you have to firmware you want it is usually easiest to save it to the desktop...
Then by logging into your router settings you should go under the admin settings and you should see the update firmware....when you do this it is best that you are using a wired connection to your router...this will help insure that you do not lose connection in the middle of the process and risk bricking your router...
After selecting the firmware you saved on your desktop your router should automatically load the firmware and then it will reboot...

my advice after that would be to do a reset of your router by pressing the reset button on the back...and while holding it for 10 or so seconds...then pull out the power cord while still holding it...then plug the power back in while still holding the reset for another 10seconds or so...

Now your router should be using the original linksys firmware and reset to default configuration with default user name and password

I did everything you said. I tried uploading Open WRT and it was successful and then it shutdown and then rebooted my router and then I loaded the webpage 192.168.1.1 and DD-WRT was still on there. I think Im completely stuck with DD-WRT on there! :(

So you downloaded the most recent firmware for your router from linksys? and after using the web update feature on your router settings it didn't accept the new firmware? Are you having any problems with your router at the moment with the dd-wrt firmware?

Edit:
I found the following website....and it contains steps to revert back to linksys firmware...give it a try...

Code:
http://www.bitsum.com/openwiking/owbase/ow.asp?WRT54G5_CFE#h13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom