linux media center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk know the exact model numbers on them except they start with an IBM X610 blah blah.. all are around 5 years old or older which i thought would be perfect for a cheap linux media center. might have to upgrade them a bit but i thought it would be fun. (something fun and cheap that wont damper my new gaming rig (below) at all).

where can i download a copy of kubuntu and a copy of the linuxMC?

sorry never mind.. i did some more research..

I install Kubuntu then install the LinuxMCE correct?

Yes. You install the OS first. Then follow the instructions that i provided in my first post to get the MCE part installed.

Google is god!

But iPod's an linux work well once you get past the blocks put in place it's a Unix to Unix connection after all, **** i don't know how the guy did it but I have seen a remote desktop session to a ipod over a network I will shoot the guy a email an see how he did it.

yes i google just fine but i dont trust a lot of sites. i feel safer getting recommended tools. That way i can avoid the risk of viruses and such. even though i have the anti virus and what not its still a pain when i get one.

Please don't take this the worng way but - inside the linux community you are less likely to get recomended a bit of software that has a nasty mixed in with the installer an if your worried about a download location find the softwares home page and get it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom