Xbox 360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVDs look great to me on my HDTVs far from "crap".

Yeah DVDs were expensive when they came out, thats why alot of people stuck to VHS for so long. People wait until its price/performance ratio is justifiable which right now I dont believe BR is. You can get a DVD player brand new for 30 bucks, and this morning Iron Man brand new for dvd was I think $14.99. So thats what $45 for a brand new dvd (on release day) and a new dvd player. Blu Ray player brand new ~$250 (Walmarts cheapest) and then I recal seeing Iron Man on Blu Ray for $25. So that adds to ~$275. About 6 times the cost for something to look just a little bt crisper?????? I dont think so.

Give it time I suppose.

Its far from a little bit crispier, and if you cant see the difference then i guess that sucks for you. We have a 55" in the living room and i have a 32" in my room, and when i play a dvd and compare it to an hd channel, the difference is very noticeable.

And i even have an upscaling dvd player, it still looks nowhere near as good as HD.

You dont buy the player every time you buy a movie, its a one time cost so omit that out. And you dont have to buy them either, blockbuster has a nice selection of blu-ray movies for the same price as a new release dvd, if i remember.

You can now buy an internal 5.25" bd-rom drive for $100, so thats an even cheaper route.
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 4X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 12X DVD-ROM 32X CD-ROM SATA Internal 4X Blu-ray DVD-ROM Model DH-4O1S-11 - Blu-Ray Drives

Its like comparing a game in 1280x1024 versus 1920x1200...the latter looks better, plain and simple.

The whole point of my argument is not to buy a standalone player, but to get a PS3 which gives you mulitple capabilities for just a little more than one of the cheap standalone players.

^ Same with my TV. I have an HD box from Rogers hooked up to my 42" plasma in my room. If you switch between the same two channels showing the same programming but one is HD there is SO much of a difference. HD just looks so good compared to SD. It's tough to go back. I find myself only scanning through the HD channels now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom