how much of a difference does 120Hz have on gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
refresh rate = frame rate
Your video cards might be able to produce 400 FPS but the monitor can only disply 60 fps.

got you

then the question comes up why do we need a 120Hz monitor when a 100Hz is more then ample

because 120 60x2? Heck, i dunno. My guess is theres some fuzzy math going on and it just worked out to be twice the old refresh rate.

Thing is, you cant set up 3 monitors using SLI :D

Unless its one of those wierd new concave monitors that is 3 lcd's glued together to work as one.

Thing is, you cant set up 3 monitors using SLI :D

Unless its one of those wierd new concave monitors that is 3 lcd's glued together to work as one.

You can.

You just need the matrox triple head to go which splits the signal into three signals. But it doesnt work with all games, and it only outputs in vga and the thing is pretty expensive ($200+).

as far as refresh rate goes on tvs.. i can't stand 120hz lol. been watchign old tv's for so long.. my parents just got a 120hz 1080p 52" and when it's running at 120hz to movement is so smooth it almost looks fake. makes all the camera work and acting really annoying looking. i won't even watch it heh.

as far as video games go, i imagine it'd be pretty sweet, since it's not like theyre using real actors and camera work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom