Deneb @ 4Ghz w/ Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it that hard to make a new superip? Just a non biased one? Isn't it just calculating PI?
you'd need the source code for it.
Or you'd have to make a new one from scratch.

I'd like to try making a program like it. I'll need to learn more about C first though.
I made a Java program that tests numbers to see if they're prime

I'm still in high school, and I am learning about code slowly... I should be taking some college courses on coding (probably introduction to it) in my 2nd semester this year (my senior year). Maybe in a few years I could try it :p

But to make it from scratch... is it that hard? What makes it hard to make this program?

That's the one thing I never figured out. Was how to get an accurate timer. In java atleast everything else that super pi does is pretty easy to code. But java is slower than C++. I have little to no C++ experience.

C would probably be the most efficient high-level language to code it in, though not the easiest
C++ is basically C, but object-oriented (arguably easier, but less efficient)

I sometimes like browsing through some of the C programs from the Internatilonal Obfuscated C Code Contest

C++ really isn't any less efficient in practice. My friends who are CS majors haven't learned an ounce of Object Orientation in the C++ classes they have taken. Which IMO is one of the major problems with programming in general. The new guys are being taught to code the same way they did in the 80's. That's why Operating systems are still 32bit, and that's why programs aren't multi-threaded.

Object-orientation is useful in splitting the programs up into segments, so that it can be worked on by multiple people easier
though I personally prefer procedural languages. They just seem more 'logical' to me.

OO has many advantages. But that is beside the point. I brought it up to show the discrepancy between what C++ can do and what they are teaching. In effect the students are being taught to code C.

I guess I just prefer working with a language that works more like the machine, than a language that uses arbitrary conventions made to be human-like

Of course, assembly code would be the 'language' most down to the machine level. But is much more tedious and time consuming than any high-level language

To me, a language like C would be the perfect balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom