sharing a printer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
I have my printer installed on my PC. I am using Vista, printer sharing is turned on. My other PC is running windows XP. When I go to add the printer to my second PC (XP) I find it but when I go to connect to it; it says it needs a driver. I downloaded the current driver (and from the CD that came with the printer) and when I click on the .INI or .INF file that it is looking for it says the driver isn't suitable.

ok, same thing happened. Is there a way to share a printer if 1 puter is windows XP and the other is Vista?? Please some1 give me some insight here. Thanks.

You will have to create a network between the PC's and allow printing between them. Either that or get a printer that can hook up to your router.

First of all if you have the xp on desktop computer then connect you printer with that machine and download the printer driver and you need to check whether both the computers are on the same workgrou like MSHOME OR WORKGROUP****and afetr that on your vista computer in Network and Sharing center you need to share the files and turn on printer sharing and also you need to download the compatible printer driver for vista on vista machine***after that it shoul work**let me know if that works for u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom