Potentially the longest thread in history...

some one help me lol, i need an answer by like an hour. Me and a friend were going to play a bit of a lan game tonight, but i can't seem to get them to connect to each other. I create a game on one comp, i try to join that game on the other one and it says: "blah blah is restricted to lan ip's only" so how do i get it to work. Need answer ASAP :)

what game?

You both need your own discs of that particular game or it wont work. I believe he needs to be on your same IP address to achieve a LAN connection.

EDIT:

Vernong, im mad at MSI!

i have dial up, so it has to be threw the lan connection. How do i make them both on the same ip address, i do not believe they are. Also, why would we both need a disc, the game works with out the disc, as well as either one entering an empty created game by it's self, the other comp just can't join.

i have dial up, so it has to be threw the lan connection. How to i make them bot on the same ip address, i do not believe they are. Also, why would we both need a disc, the game works with out the disc, as well as either one entering an empty created game by it's self, the other comp just can't join.

WHAT IZ ZA GAME????

god, im so ticked off right now sry.....

^farcry

i don't know what u mean, ticked off at me?

EDIT:i just tried creating a game from the other computer (not mine) and the game doesn't show up on mine, but when i create the game on mine, it shows up on his, he just can't join it (ps, he's on vista hp 32bit, and im on xp.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSI exchanged my mobo for a K9N SLI x2!!!!!!! It has an nforce 570LT SLI chipset.

WTF????? I'm gonna send it back n say "I never said anything about Nvidia! Do you guys not know your own products? I gave you guys the full name too!"

MSI, u piece of crap! Could of at least look at the board or cover n say, "Oh, it supports Crossfire n Phenom."

DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT!!!

what can i do now? I'm so freakin mad!

EDIT:

ok so i called RMA, they said their systems are down?? WTF!! I have to call Tuesday now because labor day is Monday! My god...........CALLING EVERYONE!!! THIS IS A CRISIS!!!!

at this............

^farcry

i don't know what u mean, ticked off at me?

EDIT:i just tried creating a game from the other computer (not mine) and the game doesn't show up on mine, but when i create the game on mine, it shows up on his, he just can't join it (ps, he's on vista hp 32bit, and im on xp.

not ticked off at you.

hmm, game must not be Vista friendly then. Two different operating systems. Idk man. I've never accomplished doing LAN yet.

are the computers actually connected together on the same local network? LAN only works if your on a lan. you cant bridge that across a dialup connection and get 100mbit. I wish it worked that way tho.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSI exchanged my mobo for a K9N SLI x2!!!!!!! It has an nforce 570LT SLI chipset.

WTF????? I'm gonna send it back n say "I never said anything about Nvidia! Do you guys not know your own products? I gave you guys the full name too!"

MSI, u piece of crap! Could of at least look at the board or cover n say, "Oh, it supports Crossfire n Phenom."

DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT!!!

what can i do now? I'm so freakin mad!

EDIT:

ok so i called RMA, they said their systems are down?? WTF!! I have to call Tuesday now because labor day is Monday! My god...........CALLING EVERYONE!!! THIS IS A CRISIS!!!!

What did they do?!

That ^^

Wildside... You should demand that they send you the right mobo and in the meantime you keep this one. They just wasted weeks of your time. Btw, this isn't the first time I've heard that MSI is horrible.

That ^^

Wildside... You should demand that they send you the right mobo and in the meantime you keep this one. They just wasted weeks of your time. Btw, this isn't the first time I've heard that MSI is horrible.

I know, i also sent an email too back to RMA.

i swear, tech support asked if it was an Nvidia interface, i didnt say yes or no. I gave them the name but they didnt know that my motherboard supports ATI Crossfire? OMG! Freakin morons! They seriously do not know their own products by heart or something let alone research about it on Google or something.

Back
Top Bottom