Not open for further replies.

soundgarden

In Runtime
I need the following information:

Mail server:
Domain:
username:
password:

I have access to my server. Where on the server can I get these information to set up an Exchange ActiveSync on my Palm.

Thanks!

You didn't give any detail, so these answers are going to be vague.

Mail Server: This will need to be the public routable IP for your Mail server. You should be able to find this on your DNS server. There are many approaches to this, so it could vary greatly.

Domain: Loookup the computer name of your server (right click my computer, go to properties, then click on the computer name tab". The domain will be listed on the bottom.

Username/Password: These will be what you log onto your domain computer with.

You didn't give any detail, so these answers are going to be vague.

Mail Server: This will need to be the public routable IP for your Mail server. You should be able to find this on your DNS server. There are many approaches to this, so it could vary greatly.

Domain: Loookup the computer name of your server (right click my computer, go to properties, then click on the computer name tab". The domain will be listed on the bottom.

Username/Password: These will be what you log onto your domain computer with.

Basically I am setting up my Palm device to access Microsoft Exchange Wirelessly. Where can I find it on the DNS server? can you give me the steps?

i have never used a palm only BB to connect, but i would assume

mail server: mail.domain.com
ex. mail.yahoo.com
you can find what your domain is at the logon screen at your desktop

simply use your username/password for the credentials.

i have never used a palm only BB to connect, but i would assume

mail server: mail.domain.com
ex. mail.yahoo.com
you can find what your domain is at the logon screen at your desktop

simply use your username/password for the credentials.

huh? but im not using one of those free email programs. My company has its own website, yes, but I am using the Exchange Server.

(frankly i don't know anything about exchange server ... does it use pop/smtp protocols for mail?)

Look:
I have two accounts set up:
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1212/onesh3.jpg

Now here is the pop/smtp one:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9651/twopp9.jpg

and here is the exchange one:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9441/threerh4.jpg

What information do I use? I understand the noobiness of these questions...but please bear with me.

Hello,

The exchange server has to have a SMTP or POP protocol for you to access your email from a client not hooked up to the network. If not then they could use IMAP as well. But there has to be some protocol on the Exchange Server for you to be able to send the mail out (SMTP) to be able to recieve it (POP).

This information would be given to you by the IT Dept. We dont know you Exchange Server setup so we can not provide you with the answer. They can.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

The exchange server has to have a SMTP or POP protocol for you to access your email from a client not hooked up to the network. If not then they could use IMAP as well. But there has to be some protocol on the Exchange Server for you to be able to send the mail out (SMTP) to be able to recieve it (POP).

This information would be given to you by the IT Dept. We dont know you Exchange Server setup so we can not provide you with the answer. They can.

Cheers,
Mak

I have access to the server, so I can look for it. All I need is someone to tell me where to look :)

You see, I HAD setup the email to work with pop/smtp. It worked, I could receive and send fine. However, whenever I updated teh emails/contacts/calendar on my Palm they wouldn't update on the server. So when I got to the office I have to redo everything (and vice versa)

Our IT guy will not be in for god knows when :(

What version of exchange are you running?

What is your network set up like? Is your exchange server directly connected to the internet (has a public ip) or does it go through some sort of a proxy/firewall? If so what is it? This will take a bit to navigate through.

How is your public DNS set up. Hosted internally or through a hosting provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom