I hate to say it but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I even mean on a Mac so people dont have to use Boot Camp. As Boot Camp will not allow you to use Linux. I know several MAc users, like yourself, who want to native boot OS X, Linux and Windows. Boot Campo doesnt offer this. But EasyBCD and the Vista bootloader would. ;)

I always thought apple was focused around media, IE Video, Sound, Photo Editing. Is that just a stereotype or is that the main purpose of apple?

Hello,

that is mainly a stereotype. Any OS can be used for those purposes. Linux distros are also good for it. There is a Ubuntu Edition for this. There are tons of apps for Windows to do this as well.

It is just that people use Macs more for this type of thing. many movie studios use OS X for this type of thing. That is why they got this stereo type.

Cheers,
Mak

The reason they wont help with a BL is that OSX isnt designed to run on standard hardware.

wouldn't that only hold true to before they started using "PC" hardware? now they just use the same things as PCs right? now of course I stay away from them so just asking :D

That I can't answer, there is a few story's out there of boot camp loading some other OS's but it's risky as boot camp isn't a boot loader it's a boot manager.

I've used OS X a bit (not heaps though). I think it is actually a pretty good OS.
The things keeping me away from it are:
1. You can't customise the hardware like you can with PC's. It would also mean I'd have to go with Intel (and I don't personally like Intel as a company)
2. DirectX (I play games)

Agreed.
wouldn't that only hold true to before they started using "PC" hardware? now they just use the same things as PCs right? now of course I stay away from them so just asking :D
It's funny. Tiger direct sends me emails about buying an 8800 gt for my mac all the time. For the fair price of $200 :p. When we all know 8800 gt's are $100 ish on the egg.

I would never buy a mac system, the closest I've been to one is when I was recovering 30 gigs worth of photos (yes she is a photographer by proffession so she fits the sterotype :p) anyway as I said I would never buy a mac laptop or whatever but I do lve my iPod touch, I mean as far as media players go apple are the most innovative IMO.

(yes I'm writing this on my iPod :p)

I bet if you started using one you'd probably fall in love w/ it. I'll tell ya one thing. Sound in mac osx is way better than Vista. I forgot how crappy it was until I started using osx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom