Age of Conan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah vee, thats with a spotcool blowing on the intake and the case open (there's a ton of airflow in the case with all the holes i cut in it anyway). I even pointed a house fan in the thing. i don't know maybe it's reporting temps wrong.
and he doesn't want the AC sticking out the window. meh whatever. anyway..

I use stamina pots a ton. I don't think they give Enough stamina especially since its a HoT. And the amount of stamina the (affordable, non blue) potions gives you is a bit negligible. But it beats not having them. Stack a stamina potion with good food and you can get a decent Regen rate. I always use health and stamina food, since it lets you eat both. Another 35+ Regen each is decent.

And guardians are ridiculous powerful. Especially when you get into plate armor. I was almost tempted to drop my dt for a guardian. I'll probably just do both eventually XD.

The raid was a learning experience. We never ended up making it through the raid. Apprenticeship is just no good for raid bosses, when most of the people fighting are apprenticed. (a few here and there would be alright) Another thing is this takes some serious coordination XD. You can't just go in and hack and slash the boss. Effective crowd control and healing rotations are a must. the boss additions are retarded powerful :S
Was a lot of fun though. And the loot is SICK.

You know the whole debate over gear being not worth anything and such. That holds true until you hit Lev 80 raid gear lol. Lev 80+ is def gonna be a gear-hunt. (what else do you do post 80 anyway lol)

I'mma stop procrastinating my main and buckle down so I can grab some cool lookin loot, lol. I'm 63 and still wearing the same lookin stuff i was at 20 :S At least they have that itemization update coming. But hopefully I'll be 80 by then anyway :S be good for my alts tho.

Ya i should hit 40 tonight, i really want my mount. level 30 made a huge difference as i finally started getting heavy armor. I can take on 3-4 mobs 1-2 levels higher than me at a time and come out of it with around 75% health. Heck i was taking on 3 38s at level 34 for one quest :p Really digging guardian. Just seems like nwo that i made a tank, i cant find a freaking healer.

i'm debating between a bear shaman and a herald of xotli ... whata u guys think ??

I think it would be baddass to be a caster that does melee :D

depends on what you like casting. bear shaman is a heal based melee, hox is a damage based melee. They're both good classes. All personal preference.

booooooooooooo servers are DOWN ! I want to PLAY !!! :mad:

on the other hand, I am sort of questioning why I picked a bear shaman... he is great for groups...but I get my *** KICKED in PVP... maybee its just cuz I still suck at playing the game :laughing:

can anyone please explane to me the best way to go about figuring out which way to set your shielding ??? it seems to be not even worth messing with it...

Casters are pretty squishy in pvp if you dont have a good knockdown resist. Once you have good knockdown resist you can outheal most gankers that are within 3-4 levels of you. Also, to change your shielding you hold ctrl and press 1-2-3 keys to change it. I havent found much use for changing it though.

... Also, to change your shielding you hold ctrl and press 1-2-3 keys to change it. I havent found much use for changing it though.

yeah thats what I'm saying...it seems I can barely handle getting all my combos off correctly , dodging and strathing, and healing....after that is done, I would have to keep a CLOSE watch on where thier attack is coming from in order to raise shield in that direction... then if thier next attach is on your unshielded side, you just completely deafeated the previous atempt to help yourself :rolleyes:

does ANYONE have a strategy for using it correctly ?? I still can't even control how to press the 1 2 and 3 keys to get it where I want it...

I personally wouldn't bother messing with it either. I've made it to 39 without ever using that just fine. I'm not a caster but I'm not a tank either. I would just focus on finding good strategies for your combos and spells.

I havent touched shielding. Mobs don't seem to attack in any pattern, they just swing everywhere. 9/10 times they end up hitting the opposite side you shielded causing more damage.
The other half the time its non humanoid mobs and there no way to actually tell which side they're hitting.

Tried kylikki's crypt last night. darn near impossible. Theres one mobs, whithand spellguard that does an AoE frost spell that 1 shots the entire 24 person raid every time. Friggen waaay overpowered. I know its supposed to be tough, but 1 shotting 24 people guarenteed 100% of the time is sick.
He does that while your also trying to fight off 4 of his friends ;p. only 8 levels till i'm 80 but it was one shotting our 80 guardian with 10k life(after buffs) lol.

The raids are seriously tougher than all heck. Which is pretty cool. You can't just go through and annihilate the place. (it's gonna help survivability when were all 80 too, but only by so much)
Also the loot i've seen is pretty intense. Last night did have anything for barb though ; ;.

Anyhow gonna go grind my butt off :S I hit a huge wall of quests at 70 for 2 full levels, but pretty much died off. I might have enough to almost hit 73. grinding isn't half as bad as it was in ffxi though so it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom