JustShout! my php & gd based shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just introduced another background to choose from on registration.

The original black background and now a white background. The black one features the font colours: White, Aqua, Yellow, Orange and Green; the white one features: Black, Purple, Blue, Dark Green and Deep red.

helraizer.gif

Test.gif

What do you think to the new background choice?

When I have made the user CP I will allow users to upload their own backgrounds to the shoutbox.

Hmm it's hard to read the text on the white background.

Maybe do something so if the background is white, all hard-to-read-text becomes a different color. Like that grey stuff turns darker, so you can read easier.

Hmm it's hard to read the text on the white background.

Maybe do something so if the background is white, all hard-to-read-text becomes a different color. Like that grey stuff turns darker, so you can read easier.

Ah, grey. I think you saw the corrupt version. There was a bug living in the code so I've now fixed it and the fonts are Black, Red, Purple, Green and Blue. What do you think of that version? Shown in previous post. Or do you mean the grey in the background?

Test.gif

Sam

Ah, that's better. I was referring to the grey text, by the way.

Lookin good man, great job so far!

You should make a mini-version, so people can put them in their signatures and stuff. :)

Ah, that's better. I was referring to the grey text, by the way.

Lookin good man, great job so far!

You should make a mini-version, so people can put them in their signatures and stuff. :)

Yeah :) When a user registers they get a full sized one and a JustShout!mini shoutbox too. So far I've noticed that the mini version is taking off slightly better.

I am currently implemening the user Control Panel so that users can specify their own dimensions for the box. Obviously they can't make it 1x1 but since different forums have different rules about signatures, one size doesn't fit all.

I'm trying to allow user's to upload their own backgrounds; it's easy to do but since I won't be on everytime to see what their backing colour is. I have to make a script to decipher the colour (dark or light) from 5 points, take an average, then depending on that colour put either the white text "User's Shoutbox" and which set of colour fonts to use. Posing a challenge as of yet. I'll get there. :p

Once I have done this, I will impliment the different backgrounds onto the mini shoutboxes.

Sam

Don't do all that complicated stuff, just give them 5 choices for their own font colors, and make 5 default ones in case they don't choose any.

Don't do all that complicated stuff, just give them 5 choices for their own font colors, and make 5 default ones in case they don't choose any.

Yeah, I might well do that. :p I just want to see how well this other way works.

There are a few minor problems as to font colours with the user's own backgrounds, but I've located the bug, just have to work out what's causing it.

This one is something I've uploaded from the UserCP.

lucifer.gif

The fonts aren't supposed to be black, they're the other colours, but you can get the idea.

What do you think to that idea?

Sam

The user control panel for the full size JustShout! is up and running.

An example of some standard and custom backgrounds:

helraizer.png

Test.png

test2.png

jameslove.png

As you can see, you can also change the size of your chatbox. Anything between 50x60 (if you really wanted anything quite so small), to 999x999. The image you upload will be converted to a png file and then set to 20% transparency for the background; that way the light colours will always show up.

What do you think?

Nice!

Now, adjust the max character length according to the shoutbox size.

x characters may look great at 300x700, but not at 100x300 for example.

Nice!

Now, adjust the max character length according to the shoutbox size.

x characters may look great at 300x700, but not at 100x300 for example.

Yeah that is a good point. Same with number of lines. The standard size will easily fit 11 messages but a smaller one wouldn't. I'll work that out sometime over the next few days.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom