Age of Conan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA start time pushed back 3 hours.:mad:

They are still having problems getting the servers up for early access. What a waste of a day. The wife is out shopping all day so I thought I would get a few good hours of playing time in. I figured something like this would happen.

Be fair guys. Im not quite sure how many people would have the early access. But its a fairly big game, between 50 and 500,000 thousand. Thats one huge server set up. It'd be incredibley hard to pull off first day. They will HAVE to do some major changes in the first few months, especially the first week were user growth will grow massively every day.

Reading previews, this scares me. he try's to make out this is a good thing:

''controversy surrounding Age of Conan's system requirements, we found that the game could be played quite well at the lowest settings''

Them two words shouldn't go together ! In DX9 i dont see this game looking much better if any better than Elder Scrolls Oblivion however, which isn't a bad thing as it means it will run ok. However some parts of Oblivion look better than AoC. But i guess they were limited by the fact of hundreds or thousands of people on a server, so things like Physics were out of the equation. *hopes for the day ultra low latency (<5ms) ultra high download / upload (20Mb/s) speeds arrives*

I just ordered my copy. Can't wait till friday :)

Just got to play for about an hour. Everything is running smoothly so far. I'm averaging around 50 FPS with settings on high.

I got stuff to do and have to quit now but I could easily keep playing for hours.

Hmm, i would get around 20 or 25 fps then, might be bareable.

I have a E6850@ 3Ghz and 8800GTS 320mb.

Anyway, what classes and stuff have you guys chosen ?

I was liking the look of a Rogue Ranger, but what race is best to choose for these ? Also what class deals the most damage and stuff. I have a few questions..

If i was a rogue ranger, could i hide somewere dark on a hill, and shoot another player without him knowing were i was, or does it automatically show the person attacking you ?

Are there the equivalent of WoW 'raids' were you go in with friends and kill computer AI enemy, with usually a boss type figure at the end ?

Do different classes and archtypes move quicker ?

Can you sneak around ?

Is it easy to kill people ? (mainly as a ranger)

How big is Hyboria in comparison to Azeroth (WoW)

What are the server types ? Is there a 'normal' world type, like on WoW. Were you can go around as normal, but fight other players at specific points or times?

oo... so many questions .. :p

try to answer them please !

Hmm, i would get around 20 or 25 fps then, might be bareable.

I have a E6850@ 3Ghz and 8800GTS 320mb.

Anyway, what classes and stuff have you guys chosen ?
---I chose barbarian. lv 18 so far, kickin some mad arse.

I was liking the look of a Rogue Ranger, but what race is best to choose for these ? Also what class deals the most damage and stuff. I have a few questions..
--- Race doesnt matter. Aquilonians or cimmerians can be rangers. Most dps is up in the air. Id say its between barb, HoX, ranger, assassin. maybe demo

If i was a rogue ranger, could i hide somewere dark on a hill, and shoot another player without him knowing were i was, or does it automatically show the person attacking you ?
--- Depends. you get highlighted in red. And should be able to tell where you are from the flying arrows.

Are there the equivalent of WoW 'raids' were you go in with friends and kill computer AI enemy, with usually a boss type figure at the end ?
----yes theres raiding.

Do different classes and archtypes move quicker ?
-----I wouldn't say so. you can get movement modifiers skills and clothing.

Can you sneak around ?
-- yes any class can 'hide' (sneak). Rogue archtype gets it early and it doesnt cost stamina. Other archtypes get it later and it burns stamina

Is it easy to kill people ? (mainly as a ranger)
---- Havent played ranger but i'd say yes, if you practice and get good.

How big is Hyboria in comparison to Azeroth (WoW)
---no clue only played wow 3 months before i had my fill. hyboria is huge though. more areas may be opened with future addons or expansions

What are the server types ? Is there a 'normal' world type, like on WoW. Were you can go around as normal, but fight other players at specific points or times?
--- PvP (free for all - like contested territory in wow. kill anyone, any time. unless in major city)
--- PvE - Kill monsters. There is tons of PvP options for pve as well. City Sieges, PvP minigames (capture the flag and others), the 'border kingdoms'. Which is pretty much a big contested territory free-for-all.
---PvP RP - Roleplayer server with enforced ruleset

oo... so many questions .. :p

try to answer them please

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on that note, servers runnign beautifully. I havent has a single problem all night. lag is perfect, there is none. The game hasnt crashed once. I'm amazed. This has to be some kind of record for mmo launches. i've never seen one go so smooth. so props to funcom.

the gx2 is running good. i still can't play 1920x1200. but i dont care. 1680x1050 with dx10 and full everything (except the drawdistance options) looks awesome. and plays 50-70fps steady. So whoo. anyhow back to gaming, not time to fix typos, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom