Age of Conan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. i don't know if i should cancel or not before getting charged lol. anyone know how long 14 gigs would take at 50-80kb/s? XD
bittorent is made of lose. gd isp's. XD

2 9800gtx's eh? you addict lol.

yeah i got that client as well. i just don't know if i trust it or not :S

Guess it doesnt matter, i'll proably uninstall and re-install with my cd's when i pick them up anyway. I don't trust the integrity of downloaded game files. Especially when the companies gonna go the half-***ed way of using bittorrent.

I'm into early access for 1 reason. I have no clue when I go for shoulder surgery, and after I do I'll have my arm in a sling for 6 weeks. be mad hard to play aoc with 1 hand lol. Wouldn't be so antsy if I hadn't of sunk my fangs into the open beta lol.

well at least the 5 bucks you pay for early download pays for an extra 10 days of playing, so its not really any extra. and as long as i sell off my gx2's i should still come out roughly even according to how much time i had with my gts's and all that.

ah true, i keep forgetting about the 10day thing lol. ah well im not worried. even with crap speeds there's still 6 days to go lol.

I shoulda nabbed one of your gx2's, didn't even think of it. would i have still had the step-up eligibility? woulda saved me 200$ at 500 shipped lol. bummer >.>

On a side note i've been guild hunting for the past few days, what a task! I was planning on rolling a pve server to save myself some headaches, but 99% of guilds are on pvp lol.
Hard trying to find a Mature guild that isn't just blanket recruiting. being another brick in the wall isn't very amusing. But it's gotta be big enough because i wan't to do the whole guild city/border kingdom/battlekeep thing.

I put up a personal ad in one of the forum threads and you wouldnt believe how swamped my inbox is haha. just crazy.

Have any of you looked into any guilds yet? There's some pretty strong bonuses for being guilded in AoC as far as city bonuses and such goes. I've got it narrowed down to 5, maybe 3 here pretty soon. I threw in an application to one, seems a bit detached/slow though XD So that might bite the dust.

kinda feels like getting a job. >.> some even require vent interviews lol.

Actually no, didnt even think about guilds yet. But no my gx2 is from a stepup, thus the reason i'm selling it so cheap. lemme know where i should apply for guilds. I'm trying to make sure we all end up on the same server.

Ah ic. yeah im hopin I can step up.

I just hope they don't consider the gx2 to the 9900gtx a step down haha considering the gtx will probably be much less than I paid for this gx2.

As far as guilds The Guild Hall - Age of Conan Forums is the only place I found to look. The main guild hall for the forums. just read through a bunch of them.

ones I thought looked interesting/well organized are:

knights of darkness - 80ish on PvE
united by legend - 200+ invite only on PvP
egocentric - 26ish on PvP
legion - 80ish hardcore on PvP
order of the black serpent - 40ish on PvP

I'd like to hit up a PvE server because FFA PvP is such a headache. Getting ganked by someone 10 levels higher than you while trying to quest is frustrating.

I'm a bit sceptical of joining united by legend simply because of the sheer numbers. It would end up rocking for guild city and battlekeeps and such. But I don't just want to be another peon added to the fray lol. i guess it would just take a lot more time developing any real friendships.

Legion seems like it might be a bit hardcore for me, but their code was very well written and sounded cool as heck haha. Also seem crazy well organized. Nice hompage logo too haha.

egocentric seems like a good bunch of friends. But i don't think it will turn into much guild city pvp wise. probably stay quite small ish. same with the order of the black serpent, though they might turn out bigger than egocentric, and plan to be active in guild cities.

choices suck. I should have started looking months ago lol. I'm not into FFA pvp at all, and the PvE servers still look to have plenty of pvp action available. Guild cities, battle keeps, the whole FFA Border kingdom pvp, the pvp minigames.
a PvP server just seems like it is an invitation to those nerdy 14yo who gank you then laugh at you in leetspeak. (of course thats a generalization/stereotype and while extremely prevalent, isnt always the case) (also note I dont actually know where the word gank comes from or what its actual meaning is, but its used a LOT in AoC, thus I just associate it with ***hatery and generally being a toolbox)

If y'all find any good guild prospects post em up. Guild city is a must O_O lol

at first i wanted to solo play but you know what getting in a guild and having a group to quest with sounds good. W3e should set up on the same PvE server Aku i plan on playing a necro or ToS. I also will have a tough time finding a mature medium size guild as i don't like lil kids telling me what to do and i dont like being a small part of a giant guild.

yeah. and if you've read at all about the guild city thing, it actually gives active bonuses towards your character. i.e. more defence, attack, magic, health, stamina etc. And with a really advanced city the bonuses are supposedly huge, as funcom put it.

And they say you can solo to 80, and i believe it, but man it'd take some skill. You cant just attack 6 or 7 guys and get away with it lol and while trying to run though some zones during the lv 20 pvp mayhem (i ran off solo to explore lol) there are some seriously fortified outposts/camps to try and cross XD it took some serious evading skills to make it as far as i could lol. got lost and hit some dead ends. and melee mobs can't attack in water either, so dove for freedom a couple times lol.

I've got my name in for the knights of darkness, waiting for a reply/interview. From what i seen they look pretty good. 18+ requrment and active screening. And being on a PvE server would rock. 80ish people is decent sized without being massive.

I think I'm gonna have to cave and roll barbarian to start. I want straight DPS and i dont like assassin/ranger classes much. I was gonna roll DT but DT is more of a secondary tank/lighter DPS. I might roll it second. PoM 3rd possibly. From all the guild rosters I looked at, it looks like barbarian isnt even going to be much of an overused class. HoX seems to be #1 lol.

Think of doing any crafts? i'm thinking of armorsmithing first, gemcutting 2nd. but i'm really startin to think gemcutting would be cool as a first. Dunno. I havent thought about harvesting professions yet at all either.

on a client note I'm using the download client leaked from the US population that has already recieved their e-mails. Theres a EU client leaked as well. I'm stuck at 350kb/s since my upload is throttled between 6 and 10kb/s by rogers. some people with high upload speeds are reportedly gettign 1mb/s++ down - 300kb/s up.

Oh thats one thing I don't remember seeing. What continent are y'all on? Since US and EU are using diffrent clients they wont be playing together at all, unless you actually buy the specific EU or US game from another country. I'm using the US client, since I'm up here in canada. you're in the US arent you vee? never remember lol. the Representing Deutschland thing gets me every time.

Im down here in So Cal. In regards to Harvesting, you can have them all trained at the same time according to Funcom. I plan on doing Alchemy as they say the harvesting for that can be done in the real world not just the Nodes in a guild city. So i think it will be easier for me to lvl.

I am getting about the same speeds on my end as i DL off the client, im at 17% after a few hours. But it goes up and down as i have been keeping a close eye on it.

Would you mind linking the guild website your looking at as they sounds fairly good. I am hoping my necro stays un-appreciated and there aren't a horde of us at launch.

Edit* nvm i saw the links on your previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom