FIRST GTA4 Review - 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have bought Take Two.

no they havent

In mid February 2008, EA proposed an acquisition of Take-Two Interactive for about $2 billion. According to Game Informer's April issue, EA CEO John Riccitiello said that EA considered a deal for Take-Two last spring but axed it at the last minute. Take-Two's board of directors declined the cash deal. But EA is still pursued at acquiring Take-Two by stating in its letter, "If you are unwilling to proceed on that basis, however, we may pursue other means, including the public disclosure of this letter, to bring our offer and the compelling value it represents to the attentions of Take-Two's shareholders." Later, Take-Two released a statement explaining why the company has rejected the offer, "In addition to undervaluing key elements of our business, EA's proposal fails to recognize the value we are building through our ongoing turnaround efforts, which will further revitalize Take-Two." Take-Two has offered to discuss the offer, after Grand Theft Auto IV comes out on April 29th. EA's proposed takeover of Take-Two is an obvious response to the big merger between Activision and Vivendi. If EA does acquire Take-Two, it will end the company's main competition in the sports genre of videogames. Both EA and Riccitiello believe that they can take Take-Two's games and sell more of them.[9]

Take-Two Interactive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eh, if you're talking about your PC specs (which Im pretty sure you are), then you'll have some extra time to build. It'll take about 6+ months for it to come to the PC. That's the way it's been with past GTA's.

yeah the pc in my sig isn't finished yet ,,,i just need to get the mobo.. i have been working my *** off to pay off some debt's but haven't put anything towards this build.

Yup. I beleive so.

Holy Crap ! :eek: This is the pinnacle of Gaming AI thus far in the history of all games.

It could be the AI or it could just be a set sequence that once we all start playing we see that same thing more than once. I hope it's the AI because that would be absolutely amazing. But I'm not holding my breath just yet.

That's true. But rockstar have claimed from day one 'a true living dynamic world' so it could be AI.

I don't think it will be 100 percent scripted (fi it is atall). If coding was extremely simple i gwould hope it would be something like this.

<every 2/500 vehicles will colide>
<both drivers will get out, may fight, shoot, run, call cops>
<dynamic outcome corresponding to previous events>

So all thats precanned is what kind of stuff could happen, and how often, but not exactley what vehicle, and what is going to happen between the two drivers or bystanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom