Fake Ip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I see there is a lot of software to hide ones ip address or fake it to the rest of the world. Is this possible without software?

No. Plus as much as they claim that to work. It doesn't. Your IP will still be reported. As you can mask it from your PC but you can not mask the connection to the house or coming from the house. Your ISP will still be reporting your address for the things you do online. Like posting here. :D

I see there is a lot of software to hide ones ip address or fake it to the rest of the world. Is this possible without software?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but that's why such applications exist.

And like Mak says, you can always be found! - So if you had anything in mind...forget it...lol! Just kiddin.

No. Plus as much as they claim that to work. It doesn't. Your IP will still be reported. As you can mask it from your PC but you can not mask the connection to the house or coming from the house. Your ISP will still be reporting your address for the things you do online. Like posting here. :D

hehe... I'm always coming up with questions. And your always coming up with answers.

I try. :D Someone has to answer them right?

But in all honesty they hide your PC IP address. But they do not hide your IP from the ISP you use. There is no way to hide that. No way to hide where the info is coming from. Just a way to hide it coming from your PC. Not your ISP.

To my knowledge there are a few very good ways to hide yourself though. Proxy servers for example. If you astablish a connection to a proxy server lets say 192.168.1.1 and your computers IP is 10.0.0.1 now you ISP will see that you have made a connection to 192.168.1.1 but nothing else and if you access anything through the proxy for example this forum or any other site they will only see that 192.168.1.1 is connected to them and not you computer (10.0.0.1). So say the site wanted to bad you so they look at the IP which is not yours and ban 192.168.1.1 you then just connect to a different proxy and your back on. Now lets say you were an imature idiot (not saying you are this is just an example) and you destroed a site, the admin looks for the IP that was connected last and reports it 192.168.1.1 so this gets traced back to the proxy and if you chose the right proxy (one that is annonymous (there are loads) they dont keep any information about incoming connections so they wont be able to trace you! :) i say wont but it depends who is looking, if it was the goverment for example then thats a whole different story but there is not way the goverment would use that kind of resorces for someone who has taken ratemymug.com down or somthing.

So im pretty sure you can stay well hidden online :) anything you spot wrong please let me know or if you have any more questions :) Cheers.

Relentless.

No. I run thru a router and have gone thru a proxy and you can still be traced back. Running thru a router does not change your outoging IP Address from your ISP. I have run Opera Tor which is a great Proxy Browser and i was still able to get traced right back to my IP address. These only work to mask your IP.

Proxy's work well for a visit to a site. But you still ahve to connect to the proxy and therefor a trace back thru the proxy and you will be found.

Just like right ow. If you connected thru a proxy to post that it will be reported as your IP. I can almost fully guarentee it. If not i could trace it back to you and your IP. For every action there are ways to reverse them online. There is no way to fully hide. You ISP will nothide your IP address at all. It would be impossilbe for them to change your IP if you went thru a proxy or router. It would be impossible for the simple fact that not every person using the web can use the same IP.

Only 1 person can connect with that IP. SO there is no way that every user going thru a proxy or router would have their ISP change their IP to 192.168.1.1 cause how you and i both be on teh web at the same time?
Your ISP does nothing. They assign you a IP and that is what you connect with at every given second. Going thru a router protects you from attack that are incoming. Just like a proxy. But you are never fully hidden.

Ok i get that thank you :D

But two people would not need to have the same IP address two people 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 both route there traffic through 192.168.1.1 (proxy not router) 10.0.0.1 goes to GOTHIC 3 and 10.0.0.2 goes to areainputoutput.org but on both sites it will only show that 192.168.1.1 has connected. Then the proxy will route the site info back to the right people who want view it right? and if the proxy does not keep logs of who is connected they dont know who your ISP is or who you are so they cant go to you ISP and say ok who was connected to this IP "192.168.1.1" at this time.

Wouldnt that work?

Relentless.

It wouldnt work still. Your situation would work for connecting to the sites for the simple reason it is only 2 PC's. But lets be honest here. There are millions if not billions of people on the net at any given time. So saying this situation is only likely for 2 people is highly unlikely. Since many people use routers now not to mention people thing that Proxies are safe and use those so you will get the situation where 2 people are trying to connect to any site with the same IP then and it jsut wouldnt work.

While the Proxy does not keep logs there is still a cookie that is left. There is still a trail. Plus Proxies do not work that way. They spoof a IP for the time you are connected but it is still a IP address that can be traced. Proxies do not all use 192....for routing their traffic. If i connect with Opera Tor one time i will get Google Denmark while the next it might be Google China.

Proxies only give you a new IP for the time you use them. But anything you do with that IP, like post or make a purchase, will elave some mark and that can be traced back. Plus this is jsut basic talk. That is not including the Server logs for the site that you can use to locate the people who connect thru a Proxy and that. The server logs are much more in depth. So while you can say your right about the proxy not holding info the Server that you took action on will.

Like i have said there is always something left. Be it a cookie or a log or something. There is something left that can be used to trace back to your IP address. If done within a resonable amount of time. I am not saying that tracing a Proxy IP from 3 years ago would work. But doing it within the first hour or even day you could still get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom