Firefox Links Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Ill be browsing along normaly, then all the sudden in all tabs, whatever link i click on doesnt load the new page, doesnt even send and packets through my internet. I restart the browser and its fine, but its getting very irritating having to go back to pages i was just at every 10 or 15 minutes. Why is it doing this?

Sounds like the browser is crashing. Which version of Firefox you using? 2.0.0.11 or the Firefox 3 Beta?

And sometimes, just going to another website in a new tab will start the other tab back and make the link i clicked on finally load up. Its very wierd, but irritating.

Could it be due to a extension you have running? I am not that well versed in Firefox so the only real answers i would have would be have you uninstalled/reinstalled it? Have you removed all the folders/files for it when doing so?

Other than that stuff and the extension thing. I have no idea really what it could be. Now where is Trotter....

Im running Fasterfox and Down The All Download Manager. Both are updated.
Im going to try reinstalling soon if i cant fix it.

Im going to try reinstalling I guess. One question before i do it though, will my bookmarks be there again after i reinstall as long as i dont delete a certain folder?

Export them, then make sure to get all of the folders deleted. You can import them after you reinstall.

Kk, Im going to do that now, then try out some browsing, and ill get back, hopefully it fixes it.

I reinstalled it, it worked fine for maybe a week, and now its starting to do it again. It does it so far ive noticed, when im browsing on newegg, then open a new tab, all loading just freezes in both tabs. Also, sometimes same thing with myspace. Could it be something with cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom