Wireless Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottleRocket

Baseband Member
So, I have an HP dv6449 laptop, and the wireless is giving me some problems. It takes about 5 min longer to boot up than the rest of Vista. When I click on the system tray icon, it takes about 2 minutes to just show the options. And the new window that pops up takes about 3 min to show anything; it's just a blank white window.

I don't know if this is a Vista problem, or the wireless adapter. I found an update for it, and installed it, but it helped nothing. What is going on?

And after 20 min, when I do finally log into a network, it doesn't allow me to save the network and the system-tray icon still shows me disconnected.

Have you tried rolling back the driver and updating it that way? I had something very like this happen to me. My network would say it was not connected when it really was. I just rolled back the driver and worked great for me.

In the future, don't defrag, 9 times outa 10 it does more harm then good. Have you tried running a repair on Vista yet? Why did you run a defrag on Vista so soon? What do you have running in msconfig>startup? If you have a lot of junk in there, disable everything but your antivirus and reboot, see if thats fixes the issue

Here are finally some pics so you get a better idea:

1. If I hover over the network icon in the system tray, I get this:

Problem1.jpg

2. Once I finally right-click TWICE on it, this box pops up and it stays blank for about 2 min. Then I can see the available networks.

Problem2.jpg

3. If I go to the Networks and Sharing Center, I see this: (and it doesn't even work, I can't click on anything)

Problem3.jpg

Someone please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom