Problems Viewing Certain Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyman_33

Baseband Member
Hello,

I was hoping you guys could help me figure out a problem I've been having.

Certain websites do not work properly, when I try to view them. Sites that I've had trouble with include:

sitemeter.com
statcounter.com
inc.com
citibank.com (only on certain pages)

With the first three, the whole websites don't appear properly within my browser. I've tried viewing each site in IE7, Firefox, and Opera. None of the sites showed up in any. Then, I went over on my roommates computer to see if it would show up on his. Yup, they showed up perfectly fine, so it's not the internet connection or anything. I waited a day. Still the same thing. So, I've come to the conclusion that it's something with my computer or one of my browsers.

To help you guys better understand, I took a couple of screenshots of my problem when trying to view SiteMeter. I have them hosted on my SmugMug account, in this folder: kylelower's photos- powered by SmugMug

Thanks for the help and for your time! I appreciate it.

-Kyle

Have you got the newest flash/java/shockwave plugins/players? That may be part of the problem.

Yes, I have checked all of those. Java works. Flash works. Shockwave works.

I don't know what else it could be. The weird thing is that I can access the sites by using a proxy. I've been using udor.org and I've had no problem acessing the sites through the proxy. Does that mean anything?

Ok, you got me with the proxy. Being that none of them work with any browser, you need to check any firewall you are using, even if it is the Windows firewall. Something is stopping your access on your computer. The proxy works because it doesn't connect directly.

IT could be blocked by your router or by your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom