Recording Streaming Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir nerdalot

In Runtime
Ok, so there is a video on the internet that I want to download. But, I only want the audio from it. One way I thought it would work is to plug a wire from the headphones slot into the microphone slot, then run Sound Recorder. I would then start the video and hopefully this would all work. Is this idea any good, or is it a really bad one? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok, I tried it anyway because no one would reply. When I played it back in Sound Recorder, there was no sound and the wave meter was flat line. I came up with a few ideas. Could this be because I didn't unplug my speakers? Should I try the Line In port?

use audacity and select what you hear. then you won't have to do that (plug a wire from the headphones slot into the microphone slot). sound recorder only let you record so much

So I wouldn't need the cable if I had Audacity?

EDIT: I was about to install Audacity when I saw Camtasia Studio in my Start Menu and realised that I could to a screen cap whilst playing the video. Everything has worked out now. Thank you for your help, case solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom