My home PC hijackthis log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I can't access the folder that command.exe is in... it is not a hidden folder either... and is there a way to restart into safemode in xp without a boot disk? All I have is the installation CD

Ok... so safemode didn't help at all, everytime I tried to start after safe mode the computer just rebooted everytime instead of starting windows... So I go through and format and reinstall everything... stuff is working for like one night... Then the same thing as last time... something just popped up and installed itself and now I'm back to square one. It has to be installing itself through my uTorrent client... Anyone know how to fix it?? I'll be posting a new HijackThis Log cause my stuff is all screwed again...

BG

Wait... You said you reformatted.

1.Did you copy any previous files or backup any files to put on your computer after the format? They could contain infected files that the Trojans/other have tampered with.

2. Are you sure you reformatted? Because if they came back after 1 night it sounds as if you did something else, because if they where on your computer, they wouldn't stay dormant for 1 night and then reactivate.

3. I highly doubt that uTorrent is "causing" the virus, when i say causing i mean its using uTorrent as a activation to bring the virus back into your system, (THOUGHT* they could be download through there if you are not careful of what you are downloading)

Finally, make sure you go though Osiris's guide like he said, and maybe disable your internet connection after downloading all the programs and then run them.

This thread will be closed 1 week from the original post date. If you still need help, update this and I will keep it open.

Go ahead and post it.

Maybe you shouldnt be using uTorrent?

Get the updated uTorrent. There is a known flaw in all Utorrent builds up to build 1.7.6 and above where that flaw was fixed.

That you did. Figured i would point it out again as some people swear by the old builds cause many private trackers still only allow them....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom