COD4 Rate Of Piracy Astounds Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
like was mentioned above, 50$ for a 5-10 hour game is unreasonable.

Ok so I have downloaded a game here or there but here is another way of looking at it. 50$ for a 10 hour game. A movie tick costs 10$ for a 2 hour movie. dong the math, it equals the same. It just may seem that 50$ is to much for a game but really it isnt. People just may think it is cause they are in school or something and have no money.

All I ever play now is CS source anyway.
Oh and I am in College. : )

Ok so I have downloaded a game here or there but here is another way of looking at it. 50$ for a 10 hour game. A movie tick costs 10$ for a 2 hour movie. dong the math, it equals the same. It just may seem that 50$ is to much for a game but really it isnt. People just may think it is cause they are in school or something and have no money.

I don't usually buy movies, nor do I go to the theatre.

If I wanted to rent i can get one for 4$ at the convenience store beside my house. Theatre is nothing but a rip off. drink 5$ popcorn 5$ movie 12$ here. 22$ so I can go see a movie on a blurry screen with a room full of loud brats while eating overpriced junkfood, after paying for gas to get there? no thanks.

I graduated years ago, and work fulltime. Also worked fulltime through school. If you want money work for it.

$50 may be steep, but with people demanding better graphics and realism from AI and physics, this brings up the price of creating the game. You can complain all you want about them, but lets face it. How often have game prices REALLY gone up in comparison to things like Movies, groceries, etc. I'm surprised the industry lasted out this long. Remember, those people have lives they have to afford, too.

You guys cant compare playing time to cost, its the work that the people put into making it. The movie for example those guys spend millions to make it and months of shooting hence the 10 dollar costs for a two hour show, the programmers program games and work hard to get the job done regardless of it being fun or not the work is still there as for the 50 dollar price tag, seems steep but dont complain if u cant afford it dont buy it much like anything in life.

You can't really have that be a valid comparison. A game may take 10 hours to complete but you will actually end up playing it for 30-40 hours to beat it whereas a movie is 2 hours and that's it...it's over.

$50 may be steep, but with people demanding better graphics and realism from AI and physics, this brings up the price of creating the game. You can complain all you want about them, but lets face it. How often have game prices REALLY gone up in comparison to things like Movies, groceries, etc. I'm surprised the industry lasted out this long. Remember, those people have lives they have to afford, too.

I agree...it really is cool that video game prices have stayed for as long as they have. I think the price of games has been at $50 for around 5 years or so. That is unheard of in terms of inflation in markets.

true about inflation. but as inflation goes up and wages keep staying the same, i'll be less apt to pay for the games than I am now.

Lets hope they stay the same. As the video game market increases in size, we are likely to see increase in price because of increase in demand. Advertising is really getting into video games now, which means a large influx of money. I only cant complain about prices because I would rather see a bigger gaming industry, than it die out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom