What are your grades in School. High School/College.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in grade 12.
Had the same grades always.
Last term got a 4.23GPA Low is 0 Max is 5
Solid A - B student.
Always Get an A in Math and Physics and anything Computer/Programing related.
Two years ahead of my peers age wise =)
Kinda sucks that people don't even look at me twice since I'm yonger, but it makes me feel better inside that I'm smarter then them and will end up more successfull. =)

I get A's and B's mostly. I have like a D or C in my sociology class right now because I didn't do the first like, 5 assignments. That screwed me over royally. Hopefully I got at least a C on the final we took on Wed, otherwise I'll fail.

I could do better, and get like all A's, but I just don't really try.

Got like a 3.7 in high school. I figured out how to play the game so I didn't even have to try for the last couple of years. My first year of college was a sobering experience. Actually ended that one with a 1.84 gpa due to a D in freshman english (nazi teacher) and an F in a 5 credit math class (entirely my fault). After that, though, I got a 4.0 for two summer classes and a 3.5 over the Fall. Brought the gpa back up to like 2.7 and I should have it up around 3.2 or so before I transfer to a 4-year uni. As long as my grades are decent I'm really not too concerned about being that perfect student or whatever. As long as you're good at what you do and can prove it that's what counts. What school you went to and what your grades were don't mean a thing if you can't back it up with actual talent. That's what matters the most.

markscl2.png

We've got a super weird school system here in Quebec, the only one of its kind in the world I think, and it sucks. We use an R-Score here. The scores in majority fall between 15-36, I've got about a 31 R-Score, which is pretty good.

To explain the CEGEP system in short, rather than finish high school in grade 12, you finish in grade 11. Then you go on to an entirely different school structure that's a mix between college and high school (called a CEGEP). If you want to continue on to university, usually you take a 2 year program like Commerce, Science, Social Science, Liberal Arts, etc.. you can complete those programs at your own pace though and you pick and choose your schedule, there's only a 4 course minimum to be considered a full time student, but to finish in 2 years you need 7 course per semester (4 in total, 2 each year). University programs here in Quebec usually take one year less than any other place, so it amounts to . the same thing really.

Thing that I like about the education system here is that its heavily subsidized by the provincial goverment, so going to a university level program costs you a couple of grand. Really cheap! I know in the States you guys have to pay like tens of thousands of dollars, which really sucks.

We've also got one of the best universities in the world here in Montreal.. McGill, according to arwu.org, out of a list of 500 universities placed 67th
icon14.gif

3.4 in high school so far...

funny... built my own computer, am pretty darn savvy with them...
never even got into compsci at my school... hahahah
its a public school, but has an insane tech magnet program... were the number one in computer science in the world...
and theres kids who know NOTHING about computers in compsci, just cuz they know how to play the system better...
its silly... idk... haha - RK

Pretty much all A*s and As. I did my GCSE french & german both a year early, got A* in both, so I was pretty happy about that. I want A* in english aswell and physics aswell (although I dislike physics).

I want As in everything else, maybe in maths i will get a B. (i truly hate maths)

So i'm a "bof" apparently.

3.4 in high school so far...

funny... built my own computer, am pretty darn savvy with them...
never even got into compsci at my school... hahahah
its a public school, but has an insane tech magnet program... were the number one in computer science in the world...
and theres kids who know NOTHING about computers in compsci, just cuz they know how to play the system better...
its silly... idk... haha - RK

That's pretty lucky you get that sort of program. My high school only had basic Word and Office courses and one extremely basic intro to C++ course as far as tech-related classes went. I suspect most other high schools are about the same.

That's pretty lucky you get that sort of program. My high school only had basic Word and Office courses and one extremely basic intro to C++ course as far as tech-related classes went. I suspect most other high schools are about the same.

truetrue... ive taken C++, HTML, visual basic, java, fundamentals of programming, integrated circuit technology, and robotics as classes there that are part of their 'tech' program... and those are only about half of what is offered... we dont even offer word or office classes... you actually have to pass a competency test to even get into the tech program there that involves basic knowledge of stuff like that...
i kind of assumed that it was similar for other schools, but with less options for courses... idk... - J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom