COD4 Rate Of Piracy Astounds Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I have a few friends who believe and they wave their finger at me all the time >.> we're bud's so I don't care all that much lol.

.of course their semi-rich families just buy them what they want so that could be part of it. hahaha

To be quite honest, I wouldn't be able to afford a handful of $50 games with the budget I'm on with schooling. So in a sense, I don't really deserve to play the games since I can't afford them....

Therefore, I consider downloading the games as "utilizing other sources". As long as your not out there downloading the game, burning copies, and pawning them off to people for $20 or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it is the right thing to do but..... Usenet FTW

However, BUY BIOSHOCK!!! Best game I've ever played

To be quite honest, I wouldn't be able to afford a handful of $50 games with the budget I'm on with schooling. So in a sense, I don't really deserve to play the games since I can't afford them....

Therefore, I consider downloading the games as "utilizing other sources". As long as your not out there downloading the game, burning copies, and pawning them off to people for $20 or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it is the right thing to do but..... Usenet FTW

However, BUY BIOSHOCK!!! Best game I've ever played

Whatever helps you sleep at night....

..... Usenet FTW
AMEN!...

and indeed i don't have a hard time sleeping at night.
I sleep with visions-of-the-game-I-was-playing-right-before-crashing dancing in my head...whether bought or downloaded:freak:

The logic of try-before-you-buy is not fully broken. Demos are ALWAYS buggy and do not represent the final release version...therefore, I see the only way to truly determine a game's playability is to download a final release version and give it a shot. If it's worth my time I will buy it, if not...tough.

Yeah I mean if they don't have a demo released what can you do. As long as you're honest with yourself and go buy it if you like it or want to finish it. If they had a rental situation for PC games I would be all over that.

The games companies need to stop chargeing so much for games that are either:
1) Not entertaining.
2) A bad clone of another concept.
3) Poor story line.

My faverout game of all time has to be fallout, released in 97 an cost around £15 I still play it today because it is so flexible and has a engaging story line. I find it hard to choke down that all people want is good graphics what ever happened to story.

I appreciate the honesty on this thread and its no surprise, after all I've read a lot about piracy and once you see how big piracy is it is staggering, COD4 on mininova had 110,000 leechers 1 month after its release, I'd place a wager that more people dl'd COD4 off mininova alone than bought the friggin' game.

It is very easy to port a game to pc from 360, but the game will probably suck. To make it not suck takes time & money for development for the pc, which they won't do because everyone will just download it, so $hit 360 ports we deserve.

I've read even battlefield vietnam sold a million copies, that would be more than crysis, cod4, and ut 07 combined by a wide margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom