problems with avg anti spyware on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

servo.tsc

In Runtime
I reformatted my drive and installed Vista Ultimate yesterday. I then installed avg anti virus and anti spyware. The anti virus install correctly and works but the anti spyware wont start when windows does nor will it update automatically. In fact those functions are grayed out. i tried reinstall the program over top hoping it would repair but no change. How can i resolve this issue?
Thank you
Howard

remove the program. when you go to install it right click the exe and choose run as administrator.

nope.... all i can do is manual updates and scans i cant get active protection. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no change. I have run it as admin and as my admin log in. Could avg have changed their spyware scanner functionality?

Are you sure that the version you are running is Vista compatible? Is AVG Spyware Vista compatible at all?

AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition 7.5 is the version i downloaded... I assume it works on vista since it works fine on my laptop running Vista Ultimate as well.

The free protection does not offer the full availability as the paid versions.

-Uninstall and Run a registry cleaner
-Reinstall
-If it still does not work either, get a cracked version from a torrent site or find a serial key of a key site which will give you the full version.

Though i have to advise you that serial sites and cracked version can contain malicious software and are illegal to use.

Or you could pay the $29.95, but :D ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom