Constant Light Without a Power Source for 12 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
bikelitroenergythumbxz9.jpg

Litroenergy is a new type of material that emits light for 12 years without needing electricity or sun exposure. The self-luminous micro-particles are called Litrospheres and are said to be non-toxic and inexpensive. The light is said to be equivalent to a 20 watt incandescent bulb (lumens please?).

The litrospheres give off a continuous illumination, and can be designed to glow in any color. They can be injection molded or added to paint. The company that invented the material, MPK Co., predicts that first applications of Litroenergy will be in safety equipment such as safety tape and life rafts. Currently, the cost to light up a 8 ½ x 11 piece of plastic 1/8” thick is about .35 cents. Note: The press release says .35 cents but I think the figure is actually 35 cents.

THX 2 SydZy @ ConCen

Hey, that's pretty cool stuff. People might start painting their houses :)

Great find, I'm sure this stuff will come in handy. Not only use it in life rafts but in life vests as well I'd say, sure would help find survivors in the dark.

Anyways this stuff is awesome I want some for my LAN Center, I hope it comes in Orange.

Added some linkage:

MPK CO. - LITROENERGY and Technological Leader In Glow-In-The-Dark Materials!
glowpaint
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:MPK_Co's_Litroenergy

what happened to my link?? i coulda sworn i put one there lol

Hey, that's pretty cool stuff. People might start painting their houses :)

that would be great for those drunks that are driving and when they see it they'll be like WHOA ALIEN *swerve* so they don't like totally go flatout style on someones house and bust in their living room with a muddy Chevy S-10 jacked up like a monster truck

(statement above completely for jokes, NOT SERIOUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom