Leopard Hacked To Run On A PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are actually viruses on mac, but its like 0.7% of all the viruses or something. And thinking about it, if someone did get a virus on a mac, they either wouldnt know it, of they would just send it off to apple who would fix it - continuing the mislead idea that macs cant get viruses.

ok i won't get into the mac pc fight. but back to the topic has anyone tried running Leopard on a virtual pc? is it possible to do this hack on the VPC?

Feedback from anyone who has tried this would be awesome. I'm thinking about doing it on my back up PC. I like the things you can do with the OS, it seems interesting.

Ok one, macs can get viruses, the chances are much much much lower but they do happen, HOWEVER if they do they cause nearly no damage to the computer, for several reasons, one including mac's do not have a registry like windows making it much more stable, and virus cant attack i easily. 2 the reasons there is hardly any viruses for mac is not because ppl dont write them rather mac is built on a strong UNIX technology which is very secure. Also Mac is mre stable and less freezes and crashes happen
I would be against mac releasing Mac OSX for a PC because it would not work as well. Sure macs are more expensive but with the proper care they pay for themselves that is by the time you keep loading on Anti-virus software and other maintanance programs you could by a mac and they last up to 7 years in most cases they will not be top of the range but still work.
And mac is a much more user friendly experience and generally better, unlike windows you can install the new operating systems on onlder models like the leopard oS on an old ibook g4. I use Windows and macs and i think mac is a much superior OS than windows.

Also i have up to date internet security and firewalls and i still get viruses on a regualar occasion. However i do agree sometimes it is easier to format the HDD and start again sometimes then cleaning out your PC

Also macs are much faster when the HD becomes fuller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom