cod2 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2k556

In Runtime
I just started playing cod2 because i wanted to experience the full graphics settings that i couldn't have on my family computer. So i can't get my settings all the way up. If i have it at full resolution, (1680x1050) it is VERY laggy. (all graphic setting at highest) so i have to turn it the resolution down to 1024x780 in order to not lag. i would think with the 8800gts and a dual core and 2gigs of ram, i should be able to have higher resolution, and i experienced similar issue with bioshock, i couldn't have the resolution all the way up, it had to be 1600x900 rather than 1680x1050 in order to not lag.

Do you mean call of duty 4? Or is cod2 a different acronymn because if your talking about call of duty 2 I would agree that something is up. Update drivers and make sure you don't have a ton of stuff running in the background.

Do you mean call of duty 4? Or is cod2 a different acronymn because if your talking about call of duty 2 I would agree that something is up. Update drivers and make sure you don't have a ton of stuff running in the background.

2 not 4, i should hopefully be getting 4 for Christmas. But yea, it makes no sense, i can have bioshock's graphics on their highest settings with like twice the resolution and run fine, and the graphics on there are twice as good as cod2. i'll double check my drivers, but i'm pretty sure they are all upto date.

ummm...you should be able to max out cod2 with a 7900gs.
Make sure cod 2 is patched, i believe the latest patch is like 1.04 or something like that.
reinstall your gfx drivers and try.

Reinstalling the game might help. And defrag your drive.

how would defraging the drive help, doesn't all the stuff you need get moved to the ram when you start the game, cause otherwise i would think the game would run wayy to slow.

i made sure all my drivers were up to date, and it's still slow. :(

Is your card connected to a powersupply? Because i checked my friends yesterday and he was running a card (7600) with no additional power! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom