What came before the universe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, there are way to many theories... some crack pot, some valid, but none able to be proven. There is the multi/bubble verse belief, the cosmic egg, the sheet universe, zero time, etc..

if the universe had a "Big Bang" and no ones around to see/hear it did it happen?

I believe that they know this as they have worked out that the universe is still expanding. Don't ask me how they know this.

Universe_expansion2.png

According to the Big Bang model, the universe developed from an extremely dense and hot state. Space itself has been subsequently expanding, carrying galaxies (and all other matter) with it.

More info here Big Bang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, harper creating a helpfull post in my topic. This is a first.

But yes, they know this because explosions explode outwards as the name sujjests, just like the universe is currently doing so, which means it must hove exploded from a certain point.

Wow, harper creating a helpfull post in my topic. This is a first.

But yes, they know this because explosions explode outwards as the name sujjests, just like the universe is currently doing so, which means it must hove exploded from a certain point.

No, not a certain point at all.

Every point, every single point expanded, and still is.

Some theories state that there was a universe directly before our own with different quantum properties i.e. protons/neutrons/baryons etc all having different masses/properties and even quarks being different to this universe - however, these quantum properties would not allow for there to be life in the universe.

Essentially, the universe went through a stage of "inflation" where the expansion of the universe rapidly accelerated. Some still believe it is accelerating right now.....faster than light

This can happen because it isnt the objects expanding, its space itself so it doesnt get affected by the limitations inherent in relativity - that you cant go faster than light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom