Hellgate London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, I just 'aquired' this game a couple days ago. I just wanted to know what the multiplayer is like (I haven't tried to play it yet). Is it completely different than the single player or do you just go thru the single player with multiple people or is it a PvP type situation.

this'll be one of the first titles I buy in 2 weeks when I get my system up. As an AVID Diablo gamer for the past however many years since d1 was released, I have high hopes. I know its no diablo 3 so I'm not expecting much in that sense. but the concept and the subscription content has me pretty excited. Its about time we got another good hack and slash. Theres been nothign like that worth playing since Diablo2. Which rocked my socks (and still does)

Games good, just the multi-player is crap at the moment, servers are complete s*** , range from about 120-22000ms (not exaggerating) and always get random network disconnects.

And its not just me, if you buy the game and check their forums, theres a 11 page lag issue thread (and the game jsut came out on halloween); along with another about 500 topics from ****ed off people.

Aside from the crashes, you must be kidding, this game is level based to controle the content, you cant even help a fellow player to progress, you wont be disapionted if you solo it, do not get it for the multiplayer.

My friend downloaded the demo. I played it on his crappy little laptop - so the graphics were clearly bad since all the fluff was turned off.

The game play sucked on the game I thought. I played FPS style. Not challenging at all. First time I played the demo, using his crappy laptop mouse, using the default gun, beat it completely.

Hopefully, the full version is better.

yeah its not really intended as an FPS. that was sort of thrown in as an afterthought. its mainly a third person hack n slash. the full version is way better too. always go as a blademaster. the DPS is the best out of all the classes and easy to mow through a crowd of enemies in seconds.

i wish the game had more blood n gore, like in Diablo 2. I miss it!

btw, the Wal-Mart by me still doesnt have it! I pre-ordered n everything too. I'm not gonna cancel it because i put $5 towards it n i dont want to pay it full price from Best Buy or something. Plus, i have no computer to play it on except my little bro's crappy laptop.

My computer will be back up n running by this Christmas after almost a whole year without me having my own computer use. However, i cant game on it because i will be using the 9200 LE still until the HD 3870 x2 comes out.

i truly love HG:L, n if ur a Diablo 1 or 2 fan, i recommend getting this, it is really fun considering the bug problems n it's sort of awkward concept of an RPG. Flagship Studios have been working on this game for 4 yrs now. The game is still new, so more potential will come out of this game then what we r seeing it now. Trust me.

Yeah I got hellgate as well not what I thought it was going to be but still great none the less the fact that in runs in DX10 makes me like it that much more. Very fun gameplay though and addicting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom