Any Wrestling Fans Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i dont understand how you say UFC is overly commercialized?
UFC is REAL MMA fights i dont understand how it could get any real without becoming illegal

and which champ would that be? any type of promotion is going to be full of *******s, theres always going to be that cocky guy no matter what

UFC tends to take people that will look good, not necessarily the best fighters. There are many better fighters out there than what the UFC has to offer. Not that it's a bad promotion or anything but it's about ratings and money, not about fighting talent. It seems like a lot of the really good fighters have been ignored by the promotion in favor of those who will sell more tickets.

About which champ it was, it was Sean Sherk if I'm not mistaken. I think he's still the light heavyweight champion or something. It happened a few months ago but he totally snubbed my friend (who's trained at the Minnesota Martial Arts Academy for years) and then me. My friend just said "Hey" to him in passing and Sean rolled his eyes at him. He just totally ignored me. A few of the other people who train there told he was usually a total *****. He's still a pretty good fighter, though. Just way cocky.

Sean Sherk was the lightweight champion. I can't see him as a light heavyweight fighter. I think the heaviest he went, was welterweight, when he went up against Hughes.

I heard he was stripped of the title, because of steroids. He passed a lie detector test later on, saying he wasn't aware that he was taking them. So he's still the lightweight champ, and BJ Penn will fight Joe Stevenson for the number one contender.

Sorry to go off topic. I thought you'd like to know. But I hate cocky fighters like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom